April 18, 2014

What songs are on your Glee wish list?

by Hemal Jhaveri, posted Sep 16th 2009 6:03PM
glee logoAfter missing the premiere episode of Glee when it aired in May, I watched the DVR'd season premiere with friends last night. As soon as it was over, I promptly ditched them to head upstairs and watch the pilot on Hulu. I am hooked, people!

And now, after seeing their version of "Don't Stop Believin'," I want to see Glee versions of all my favorite pop songs, plus all the show tunes I loved from back when I was a high school drama dork.

So, Glee fans, what's on your song wish list? My top five are after the jump.

1. "Cry Me a River" - Justin Timberlake
  2. "Livin' on a Prayer" - Bon Jovi
  3. "I Don't Wanna Grow Up" -Tom Waits
  4. "Bleeding Love" - Leona Lewis
  5. "The Scientist" - Coldplay

If they were able to make Kanye's "Golddigger" work, I've got high hopes that the Glee cast can tackle pretty much anything. I hope that my enthusiasm in the show isn't misplaced, but even after only two episodes, I'm willing to declare it my new fall favorite. Whatever they sing next, I can't wait to hear it.

Kelsey

those are all great suggestions!
i was thinking about some too...
Teenagers -My Chemical Romance
Grace Kelly -Mika
Livin' on a Prayer -Bon Jovi
Let it Be and All You Need is Love -Beatles
When Doves Cry -Prince
Seasons of Love -Rent
You Shook Me All Night -AC/DC
Bohemian Raphsody -Queen
Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours-Stevie Wonder
Try A Little Tenderness -Aretha Franklin/The Commitments
Walk this Way -Queen

AND ANYTHING BILLY JOEL!!!!!
Vienna, Piano Man, We Didn't Start the Fire,....
"The River of Dreams" would be Excellent!!!!

November 29 2009 at 9:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrea

Let It Be- The Beatles

I'd like to hear the Acafellas do Ooh baby baby by Smokie Robinson and the Miracles

October 17 2009 at 4:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Price

The comment about racism because it was the black girl sang Kanye West (with the white teacher) is ridiculous. Lea Michele (Rachel) did a brilliant job with "Take A Bow". Also, the character of Amber would know the Kanye West song better than Rachel or Jenna. She obviously loves R&B and Hip Hop. There is nothing racist about it. Rachel loves Showtunes and Pop Music. The characters are still in development. By the way... when a person does something you tend to expect, it doesn't make that action a stereotype or racist. Though, like it or not, stereotypes exsist for a reason. I am 39 year old, White, working class singer from the Southern United States, my favorite music is Heavy Metal and Classic Rock. Surprised? Neither is anyone else. You saw racisim where there was none. What does that make you?

October 06 2009 at 3:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

"This is how we do it" and "Golddigger", performed by William Shoo was a smash hit! For future episodes, I think that "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Quit playing games with my heart", and "Living on a prayer" are excellent choices! But here are my top picks for artists (regardless of songs)
1. Rihanna
2. Coldplay or Westlife
3. Backstreet Boys
4. Black-Eyed Peas
5. Bon Jovi
Still, I can't wait what songs the Glee cast would pick next

September 20 2009 at 4:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

To Sir, with Love ....... Lulu
Stealing my Love from Me ...... Lulu
Off and Running ..... the Mindbenders
It's getting harder all the Time ..... the Mindbenders

yup a tribute to the 1966 movie :)

September 18 2009 at 2:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Horse N. Buggy

Ryan Murphy stole my heart with "This is How We Do It" and "Poison" this week. And "Golddigger" was really good last week. So, part of me wants more hip hop and part of me wants a change-up.

1. Something from George Michael - "Freedom '90", "Monkey", or "Hard Day."
2. "Back to Life" by Soul II Soul
3. Something by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam
4. "Hey Ya" seems pretty obvious
5. Then maybe let's see what they could do with "Touch, Peel and Stand" by Days of the New

September 17 2009 at 6:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nquoid

Got to be Such Great Heights - The Postal Service

I've heard it done accapella a few times live but I'd love to see a professional rendition because this song is amazing in almost any format.

September 17 2009 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joseph Singer

Good songs, but what happened to the show tunes? No one in comments asked about it and it appears that it's not to be seriously considered for future episodes.

The group is "supposed" to be a show choir (or so I was lead to believe from the earlier show.)

September 17 2009 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ML

1) Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin--Journey
2) Unwritten--Natasha Bedingfield
3) Somebody to Love--Queen

September 17 2009 at 3:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Los Angeles Locksmith

We can't stop talking about this show, and this has definitely been the new topic at the office. http://www.fideltylocksmith.com/ has a blog where are even talking about it...

I think we came up with more artists, not songs:
Queen
More Kanye (as much as we don't like him right now)
Beatles!
2pac (love to hear "changes" done by a glee club!)

thats it for now basically, we are still growing our list

September 17 2009 at 1:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply