July 23, 2014

More changes coming to Law and Order: CI

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 17th 2009 3:07PM
Law and Order: CIFans of the Law and Order shows (all of them) are used to big cast changes and turnovers. When you have shows that last so long, you're bound to see characters leave and new ones pop up. Now it looks like we're about to have a new cast member on Law and Order: CI and an old one that won't be coming back.

Julianne Nicholson has decided not to come back to the show after leaving for a while to have a baby.

She was teamed with the newest cast member, Jeff Goldblum, but there's no word yet on whether or not he'll be coming back to the show. Who will take Nicholson's place? It's not definite yet, but Michael Ausiello is saying that Saffron Burrows is the most likely suspect. There's also no word on what will happen to Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe.

I never got into Nicholson's character, so this isn't a big deal for me. What do you think?

Barbara in Brooklyn

Something else going on. Last two shows ... one anti-abortion, late term abortion subject...next made all gays
look like man boy members. Did they put a right winger
in charge of programming now?

October 25 2009 at 9:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sandra

If Vince leaves the show there will be no show his character began the show and without him I leave and so will all his devoted fans.

September 18 2009 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

IT would be great to have Connie Nielsen revive her L&O :SVU character Dani Beck (season 8) on L&O :CI

September 18 2009 at 2:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

If they drop Vince and Erbe, they'll lose me too.

September 17 2009 at 9:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

I've always really liked Burrows, so that's a plus for me. I don't know how she'll play off Goldblum as I was kind of questionable on his character. Hopefully she helps add to his cases, Nicholson was kind of lost paired with him, IMO.

September 17 2009 at 8:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
evie

I seriously hope everyone else comes back. I like them all (esp Vince).

September 17 2009 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edward

Wait, so you're saying that EVERYONE (except the captain) has the chance of NOT returning next season?

Is everyone's contract up? I'd like to see some of L&O's ADAs show up. Don't they prosecute the same types of crimes? How about a cameo by Waterson?

September 17 2009 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply