July 28, 2014

The Newlywed Game to host its first ever gay couple

by Brad Trechak, posted Sep 17th 2009 10:01AM
Brad Altman and George TakeiNot only is The Newlywed Game hosting its first ever gay couple. It's hosting its first ever gay celebrity couple. At least, one of them is a pretty well-known celebrity. George "Mr. Sulu" Takei and his partner Brad Altman will be appearing on the program. Although they've been together for over 20 years, they were only legally married last year (before all that Proposition 8 hoopla nullified gay marriage in California).

In case nobody remembers the rules to game: each partner is given a question about the relationship without the other partner present. If each member of the couple give the same answer, they win points. Considering that they've been together for 20 years, somebody is going to be pretty pissed off if one or the other gives a different answer to the same question. Hopefully it won't lead to a divorce. The most interesting answers in the game will come from any question about "making whoopee".

Betty

Great another show I won't watch. Why do the networks think shoving this lifestyle in our faces constantly will change our minds. I read that what people do in their bedrooms is none of our business, then why do they constantly throw it at us. You can spin it any way you want to, but male and male and female and female are not only against God's laws they are against the laws of nature. I don't care how people conduct themselves, but keep it to them selves. I don't condemn those who choose another way to live, but I don't want to be constantly told I am not a good person because I choose to not believe it is right. If you really believe the Bible is the Word of God, you can't rewrite it to suit circumstances or different choices you make. You have the right to that choice, but you don't have the right to try and change the Word to suit your choice. There have been some crude remarks and yes, that is not needed. I pray all mankind is blessed my the Almighty.

September 19 2009 at 10:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

So let's see.....if a guy has anal sex with a guy they are "fudge packers" and if a guy has anal sex with a woman they are ??? You know how many dudes have anal sex with their girlfriends? Last time I heard women shit from their rear ends too. Sad how many ignorant hateful idiots there are in the world. If you think it's such a terrible thing, let god be the judge and mind your own f***ing business. If you don't want to watch TV programs with gay topics or themes then change the channel to the 700 Club and listen to the hate that comes from the mouths of your god fearing freaks. How quickly people forget that god is LOVE.....act accordingly.

September 19 2009 at 10:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
resimgr1958

Oh get over it all.It's a fun game show. The answers are fun. They make people laugh and laughter is good. Get out of people's bedrooms and move on. Judgement is not our place.

September 19 2009 at 10:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam Rackham

This makes me think of that classic Newlywed Game question, "What was the most unusual place where you and you're spouse made whoopee?"

September 19 2009 at 10:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gfo65

I won'T watch the show,That is not accepted

September 19 2009 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
frank

Write this program off for all the losers. The network should be banned.

September 19 2009 at 10:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MaryAnne

Saying the Bible is against homosexuality is hypocritical at best. If God created us all, then it means he also created homosexuals, right? People love who they love, there is no right or wrong about that. I envy anyone, straight or gay, who finds someone they can cherish, respect, and be happy with.

September 19 2009 at 10:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lucy944

JUst one word: DISGUSTING!!!!!

September 19 2009 at 10:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michele

I like George Taakie. They are going on the show for the money, and the show evidently needs the ratings.

September 19 2009 at 10:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nurseyaya

I have 2 great books for everyone to read: Gay Marriage, Why it is good for gays, good for straights, and good for America by Jonathan Rauch and The case for same-sex marriage, from sexual liverty to civilized commitment by William N. Eskridge, Jr

Eye-opening stuff. My favorite concept from Rauch's book is "gay marriage will re-normalize marriage for everyone" If everyone is allowed to legally marry, then marriage will be the gold standard, in stead of "shacking up".

September 19 2009 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply