September 30, 2014

What You Missed Last Night: Andy Richter controls the universe

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 18th 2009 2:30PM
This season, Jeopardy is doing a Million Dollar Celebrity Tournament. One episode a month will have three celebrities battling to see who gets to play for one million dollars for their charity later in the season. A lot of fans don't like the celebrity editions. It breaks up the flow of the regular champion coming back, the questions are easier than the regular game, etc. But last night's episode was fun.

The three celebrities who played the first game of this season's tournament were Wolf Blitzer, Dana Delany, and Andy Richer...and Richter won! Actually, it's not even fair to say he "won," he crushed Blizter and Delany. The game was over way before they even got to the Final Jeopardy round. Blitzer didn't even make it to that round (I cringed when he added an "S" to Julia Child's last name because I knew the money would be taken away), but they let him play anyway.

Johnny

It was quite a performance. Andy was not only answering nearly all the questions, he was completely relaxed, actually leaning on the podium. As for defending Wolf's performance, it's one thing for him to finish third but he was historically bad. It was even more embarrassing by giving him the chance to play in the final Jeopardy! round even though he hadn't earned it. I would think he won't be talking down to anyone any time soon.

September 21 2009 at 12:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tingrin87

no comment on the dead silence for the how i met your mother question?

September 20 2009 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

I'd like to see Andy go up against Michael McKean, who also killed when nobody expected him to in the Celebrity tournament back in '06.

September 19 2009 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rhy

wolf blitzer is the only newscaster i like on cnn...i watch fox mostly...at times i tune in to wolf...he is the only likeable newscaster cnn has

September 19 2009 at 4:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MR. B.

Wolf is not very smart ... I think he should go to Fox News

September 19 2009 at 3:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kate

Andy showed the test game on Conan Wed. night to promote his appearence. i thought he was amazing. that two letter word category, Andy totally owned. all the best to Andy, i'm gonna watch all of his games ^^

September 19 2009 at 1:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cynthia

One of the ALL-TIME BEST Jeopary's ever!! It was so funny!
I ALMOST felt sorry for ol' Wolf (is Wolf Blitzer his "real" name?), it was beyond pathetic and humiliating. MINUS 4900 or so....unreal. I'm afraid that I will never be able to look at Blitzer as an intelligent newsman again. Was it the buzzer or was it the brain? NO ONE can do that poorly on Cel. Jeopardy! Come on!

I never disliked Wolf B. - he's no better or worse than the other anchors on CNN. Only one thing annoyed me about him....the way he would "talk down" to his audience. I could give numerous examples, but I won't. I always got the feeling that he thought the "average American" - especially in the "South" - was stupid and certainly not educated about "world events, etc." like him!

What kind of degree does he have? I've also noticed that he's the only white dude left on CNN. Not a good representative either. You have to be multi-ethnic to be an anchor. Or a "Cuban-American"...never an "American".....always divisive, always biased, CNN!

To be fair...you have to be a young buxom blonde to be a female reporter/anchor at FOX. Uncool any way you look at it!

I miss WALTER CRONKITE! RIP. Peace.

September 19 2009 at 1:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TexanRaven

This sounds like the Celebrity Jeopardy they used to do on Saturday Night Live, with Will Ferrell portraying Alex Trebek... "This is the only color that ends in 'Urple.' " "What is 'light urple', Alex?"

September 19 2009 at 12:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joe

HAHAHA Blitzer is a MORON. I was not surprised, but I have to admit, I was entertained. He reminded me of the SNL skit with "Sean Connery" as a contestant. Not sure which one was more dumb. HAHAHA If it were me, I would not have taken the "gift" to play final jeopardy, that was more embarrassing than his play. Absolutely HILARIOUS! MORON!!!

September 19 2009 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff

God Wolf, what a boob! I'm putting in for his immediate replacement. Check his degree please! We can call him names all night, its obvious he won't know what they mean.

September 19 2009 at 12:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply