July 25, 2014

Tonight is an impossible night of television

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 21st 2009 2:29PM
CastleI thought last night was tough, with The Emmys joining new episodes of Mad Men, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and the series premiere of Bored To Death, but it was nothing compared to tonight. We have the season premieres of How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, CSI: Miami, Dancing with the Stars, Castle, Heroes, and House, along with new episodes of Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, and The Jay Leno Show and the series premiere of Accidentally on Purpose. Whew.

I think all of our DVRs are going to explode around 8:59 PM.

What are you watching? Are you going to give Heroes another chance? Are you anxiously awaiting Jenna Elfman's new show? Does Nathan Fillion make you all tingly?

Ryan

ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE IS SO GOOD! Love that show. Check out this hilarious clip below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYL0ZI6wHWM

October 19 2009 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debi

Get a satellite dish and all your problems will be solved. You can get the east coast & 2 hrs later (cst) you can get the west coast. This is how i manage to dvr all the shows I want to see.

September 22 2009 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tpp

BitTorrent all of them this morning, and watch throughout the week.

September 22 2009 at 4:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanna

Watched House, gave up on Heroes last year. Want to get into HIMYM but I have only seen 3 episodes of season 1.

Thursday is going to be the nightmare. NBC is screwing that night up and Wednesday with the Leno show.

September 22 2009 at 1:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alk02g

Unfortunately, I was in the air from 6-8:45, so that already got me off to a bad start. I have already caught House (friend dvr'd it), and hope to catch HIMYM and Big Bang on the internet. I also watch Jon & Kate on Monday Nights, plus Lincoln Heights. I think I can catch Lincoln Heights sometime before next week, but no idea when I'll get Jon & Kate in.

and for me, it only gets worse when you factor in Lie to Me and another TLC show (Little People Big World, Table for 12, or Cake Boss are also all Monday night selections)

September 22 2009 at 12:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

The Big Bang Theory still isn't available for download or streaming? Aaargh!

September 21 2009 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bearxor

I have a Windows HTPC with two HVR-2250's and a ATI OCUR tuner.

That's 4 ClearQAM tuners for basic cable and HD locals and one CableCard for premium channels, up to 5 tuners at once.

Suck it losers!

But yes, Thursday nights are the worst for me. Only thing on tonight I'm actually watching is Castle.

September 21 2009 at 10:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

Count me in as another "none of the above".

No Reservations seems to be done for the season.

I need to catch up on BBT before I start DVRing it. (I hate coming in the middle of things)

I watch Dancing with the Stars with friends during our weekend Bad TV get-togethers.

The only things I've got set up for today are Unwrapped and The Tonight Show, because my listings say Ricky Gervais is on tonight.

There are definitely other nights in the week that're more crowded - Tuesday, Thursday and Friday are coming to mind.

September 21 2009 at 9:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CC

I think I'm going to watch House and tape Big Bang Theory. Normally this wouldn't be a problem (thanks to CBS moving Big Bang Theory) except that House is a 2-hour premiere tonight. Arg.

I've kind of given up on HIMYM - when it shared the hour with TBBT, I'd watch it but now it's in a whole separate hour, plus it conflicts with House, so too bad.

I wish there was an easy way to watch TBBT online (is there?) - I think it would be easier to watch a half-hour show (like TBBT) than a 2-hour show (tonight's House) online... darn CBS.

September 21 2009 at 9:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
izikavazo

Don't watch any of those shows!! They're all awful. (I should admit that I've never watched Castle, so I'm just guessing.) Come on people.

September 21 2009 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply