October 25, 2014

What You Missed Last Night: Chelsea Handler ticked off at Neil Patrick Harris

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 22nd 2009 3:01PM
During his Emmy hosting duties the other night, Neil Patrick Harris sang an opening number that included the names of many TV networks. Not just the major ones but also several cable outlets. There's one particular network he forgot to mention though, and last night Chelsea Handler talked about it.

Allison

I'm surprised at these comments. Maybe it is because I'm a regular viewer, but Chelsea's tongue is firmly in her cheek with these comments. She always makes fun of what a lame network E! is. That's the joke that she is pretending to be upset that E was overlooked. I agree her delivery was off in this opening though. She is usually better.

September 23 2009 at 12:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James J. Gutierrez

whats up w/ her makeup she looks horrible.

September 22 2009 at 11:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
j

She is hilarious. Her show is one of the few I do enjoy watching.

September 22 2009 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

Can't see the video (not playing "guess the permission" with NoScript), but E! was far from the only network that didn't get mentioned.

Besides, if her beef's with the number, shouldn't she be taking it up with Mark Shaiman and his partner, who were the ones that wrote it?

September 22 2009 at 9:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JR

Seriously, what happened to her face? Not that she was ever beautiful, but I remember her looking better than this. Seems she got some unfortunate work done.

September 22 2009 at 8:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan Buckley

I laughed.

September 22 2009 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen

Yeah, no laughs. Not a one from me. I have to agree - her timing is horrible, her jokes aren't funny and she kept trying to make fun of NPH being gay as the punchline.

September 22 2009 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I guess I'm in the minority, but I really liked that clip. I laughed out loud a few times. Never heard of her, but that clip made me want to watch more of her.

September 22 2009 at 6:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Boe

She couldn't be any less funny. Not possible.

September 22 2009 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rrroberttt

Is she drunk in this clip? She sounds drunk and she looks like she can barely keep up with the TelePrompTer. This woman is a(n unfunny) mess.

September 22 2009 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply