July 23, 2014

Yup, Heather Locklear is joining Melrose Place

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 22nd 2009 11:33AM
Heather LocklearThe article says that "details are mum on [Heather] Locklear's role," but I'm going to assume she's going to play...Amanda?

US Magazine is reporting that Locklear is indeed going to join the new CW version of Melrose Place after several months of negotiations. Her first episode will air on November 17. US says that Locklear saw the pilot and was surprised at how much she liked it. I'm also guessing that she saw the contract and was surprised at how much she liked that too (though there's nothing wrong with that).

Lots of stars are coming back to the show, though I wonder if fans of the original are even watching it. Are you someone who is watching the new show and you also watched the old one? Sometimes I wonder if a new version of a TV show can really hurt the memory of the original version (if the new version is bad) and I wonder if the actors hesitate because they don't want to ruin what came before.

araceliearambula

I watched the original, and I'm only 26, I started watching it when I was 8, my parents worked a lot and left me and my older sister home alone, and we watched Melrose and 90210 together, I love the new one, it rocks. Also, the CW is smart in doing this because the 18-49 demo is the same demo that grew up with this show, and it appeals to the 18-34 as well even if they've never seen the original. It's the perfect show for the perfect age bracket.

September 30 2009 at 7:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Teresa

I checked out Melrose Place , and always give a show two episode chances. The first was opkay, but the second hooked me. I love Ella's boss, Caleb Brewer. He takes no prisoners, hot, and plays to win.

September 29 2009 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
darci

Hope Heather Locker's return can save the show....this season has been great so far, and last night's episode was the best yet. I couldn't believe it when I read on Perez Hilton that the ratings are taking a big dive which is so stupid because this show is just getting better and they're lining up great stars like Taryn Manning...so come on people stop being so LAME!

I was so glad they had Taryn Manning guest star last night - love her! She even pulled a gun on Jonah as they played the Boomkat song "Run Boy" - it was so great. There's some videos of Taryn and company doing dance rehearsals for the Melrose Place episode floating around on YouTube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Im5HQAO5yM ). Makes me so envious of her dancing...*sigh. Bring Taryn back for more episodes and let's make Heather a full-time, permanent cast member again!

September 23 2009 at 9:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

I am not watching Melrose Place this time around just like I am not watching 90210 --- the originals were enough for me but to those who are enjoy :)

September 23 2009 at 6:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yourstarla

I watched the first episode and really wasn't into it. I guess my idea of must see tv has changed since the days of the original. Amanda or no Amanda, I probably won't watch it again.

September 23 2009 at 12:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

She's hot.

September 22 2009 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Key Rick

I didn't watch the original until the start of the 2nd season. I'm trying to adjust to this update/reboot, but, honestly, until Amanda Woodward shows up I can't see much homage going on yet. These new tenants' motivations are completely different, and they're collectively insensitive to point they're barbecuing by the apartment building pool their landlady was found floating face-down in a couple nights ago? I know they're nighttime soap fictional characters, but sheesh. Wish the pilot hadn't been a cliffhanger/whodunit, and instead saved Sidney's murder for the 1st season finale. Come back to Melorse Place, Amanda Woodward!

September 22 2009 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

Any truth the the rumor that Johnny "Drama" Chase will be joining the new Melrose Place?

I heard he is leaving/left Five Towns.

September 22 2009 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply