April 23, 2014

It's Jack Bauer! On Call of Duty!

by Jane Boursaw, posted Sep 23rd 2009 10:42AM
Keifer Sutherland in Call of DutyI was playing Call of Duty: World at War with my son the other day (hey, I'm the cool mom), and he said, "You know, that sounds like Jack Bauer." I listened, and sure enough, that unmistakable "Fire!" was indeed Kiefer Sutherland, a.k.a. Jack Bauer on 24.

It's always fun when stuff like this happens, where you recognize a beloved TV character's voice elsewhere. I surfed around YouTube and found a video of Sutherland in the recording studio, along with Gary Oldman, who played James Gordon on The Dark Knight, among dozens of other films.

Sutherland has such a distinctive voice, that he's found plenty of voice work in animated films, including Monsters v. Aliens, The Wild, The Land Before Time X, and Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight.

He also narrated one episode of Family Guy, "Stu and Stewie's Excellent Adventure," and voiced Jack Bauer on The Simpsons ("24 Minutes"), as well as an Army colonel on "GI (Annoyed Grunt)."

Do you have a favorite voice part of Kiefer Sutherland's? While you ponder it, watch the Call of Duty video:

Janice

I'm a huge hockey fan and a Keifer Sutherland fan, so I really like it when playoffs start and Keifer's voice comes on all dramatic and says cool stuff about hockey playoffs, however; I didn't hear him last season. Bummer.

October 04 2009 at 9:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jazza

The recently released Halo 3:ODST has Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Adam Baldwin and Tricia Helfer voices ;)

September 24 2009 at 8:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VMH

Kiefer also narrated Nascar : The Imax Experience. His voice together with the whole Nascar experience was pretty goddamn sexy :)

September 23 2009 at 8:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rtms

I love hearing actors in commercials and games etc. At first it's funny because you sit there trying to figure out who it is and then the light goes off in your head. One of the best is Bruce Campbell, love his voice work.

September 23 2009 at 5:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jboursaw

Jake - I know. Pathetic, isn't it? We're a little behind on the game releases. :-)

September 23 2009 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake G

I am glad were bringing this up... about a year after the games release.

September 23 2009 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jboursaw

Fixed it - thanks, BL. That's one that always gets me.

September 23 2009 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth

Isn't his name spelled Kiefer, not Keifer?

September 23 2009 at 3:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply