November 28, 2014

Ask TV Squad: We need your questions!

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Sep 24th 2009 9:03AM
TVSquadEvery now and then as I watch a show, questions such as these pop up in my mind: Where have I seen that actor before? Hasn't she already appeared on the show before as another character? What is that song playing in the background? Where has (insert character name) gone? And on and on.

I also have questions about current shows even when I'm not watching them: How many episodes will we get this season? When will the season premiere? Will (insert actor's name here) be back on the show? Which famous person will guest star? And so on. That's not counting the questions I have about upcoming storylines! Thank god for spoilers!

Of course, questions about series from the past also pop up: Why did (insert show here) end? Can I get answers for the unanswered storylines since the series was canceled without having a proper goodbye? Whatever happened to (insert actor's name) who played on (insert show's title)? And so on.

If you have questions about TV series and actors and want answers now, "Ask TV Squad" has the solution for you! Read on to learn how.

The "Ask TV Squad" column, to be published every Wednesday, will answer your questions about current and past TV shows, as well as about the celebrities appearing on TV. Every week, I will pick a question (or more) sent to us and provide answers in the column. If your question is not picked for a column, it may be answered in a subsequent column.

To submit questions to the "Ask TV Squad" column, you can post them below in comments or email them at asktvsquad@gmail.com.

Our first column will be posted on Wednesday, September 30, so don't be shy and send your questions away!

Donna

Do you remember a kids television show (could have been australian) about a boat that crashed on an island back in time. The people that crashed on the island had to hide from the leaders/elders of the village but I think some villagers helped them out. There were pigs etc around and dogs, goats etc = was set in horse and cart times. The leaders/elders wore long red/black capes with hoods that covered their faces and I think they were all men who had long beards. They removed their hoods when inside but I think the head leader was very old and never did and they might have had tall walking stick type things(Staffs). ( thought this was called lost island - but didnt find anything that matched this series)

Also, another one, i think was set in the bermuda triangle where these people ended up on an island that must have been advanced in technology. There was a boy, a lady in a cape (?) who carried a cat, an old man and i think another man. Cant remember much more then that. The island seemed futuristic and I think this show was American.

November 06 2009 at 7:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bite Me

Just saw a teaser for "V" on TV. Where in the heck have I seen the actress who plays the lead alien? I know I've seen her in something else but for the life of me, I can't place her.

September 24 2009 at 10:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
freedom55

What the heck happened to "The Philanthropist"? Every time I get hooked on a show (can you say "Journeyman") they pull it off - never to be seem again!

September 24 2009 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

Having been watching Dead Like Me on Hulu lately, I was wondering why the character of Betty was gotten rid of so fast.

September 24 2009 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Grover

Besides Lance Reddick's characters, Matthew Abaddon and Phillip Broyles (maybe they're twins or something), and the different networks (ABC v. FOX) could J.J. Abrams' Lost and Fringe be set in the same fictional universe?

The island on Lost being in the other dimension... and Jacob body-snatching Locke on Lost as the body snatcher did with Charlie on Fringe?

Idunno, just something fun to question and to look into for similarities/differences?

September 24 2009 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
punksrus

Any chance Now and Again will come out on DVD?

September 24 2009 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shelly

Why dont you guys cover NCIS? Its a pretty popular show and I would like an in depth review from you guys.

September 24 2009 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Shelly's comment
wulfn1

For that matter, why do the TVSquad writers only concentrate on popular shows? There's plenty of room for blog entries and articles about shows slightly less popular , which might just become more popular if covered.

September 24 2009 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jo Anne

How do I find people like myself, who want Victoria Rowell back on the Young and the Restless? maybe if enough people write, call or email we can get action.

September 24 2009 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GDK

Is there ANY chance of a Kings or The Game pickup?

September 24 2009 at 1:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JTL

When Friday Night Lights will start airing?
What about the David Milch pilot Show on HBO? Canceled?
Any news about HBO "How to make it in America"?

(excuse my english, i'm not from the US)

September 24 2009 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply