April 25, 2014

Mackenzie Phillips was high during One Day at a Time reunion

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 24th 2009 1:07PM
Like you, I wanted to take a shower and pour bleach into my ears after hearing what Mackenzie Phillips had to say on Oprah yesterday (thanks Oprah). But one of the interesting revelations that has come out of all of this is that Phillips had done heroin and was high during a One Day at a Time reunion on Today last year. Here's the clip from that episode.

Bonus: I didn't realize that One Day at a Time was based on the life of Meredith Baxter's family.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

The Grayheck

This guy is saying that Papa John should have picked Bijou over Mackenzie.

September 25 2009 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew Cheadle

Oh, and that other part where she had a ten year affair with HER DAD! Can you say EEEEEEW! At least the article wasn't as poorly written as over at Contactmusic.com where the headline was "MACKENZIE PHILLIPS made peace with her father for molesting her as a teenager as he lay on his deathbed." Wow, I can imagine most people on their deathbed moaning in pain and being incredibly weak, but to have the strength to molest your teenage daughter? Oh well, can't deny a dying man's last request. ;-)

September 24 2009 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mdk

Yeah, and I once saw "America's Sweetheart" Valerie Bertinelli down most of a bottle of Jack Daniels backstage at a Van Halen concert. Everyone's got a few skeletons in their closet.

September 24 2009 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mdk's comment
RobynM

If I were married to Eddie Van Halen, I'd be power chugging whatever I could get my hands on too. He's notoriously high-maintenance.

September 24 2009 at 7:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike McNamara

I knew it!

(Seriously, I said this to my bf and he totally agreed. Granted, we may have been high at the time too. Okay, probably not, but if there was ever a case of "takes one to know one", this would have been it.)

September 24 2009 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply