October 22, 2014

Will you miss The Bill Engvall Show?

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 25th 2009 5:06PM
Bill Engvall ShowIf you haven't heard, TBS has canceled The Bill Engvall Show after three seasons. I watched one episode of the show during its first season and found it to be a cute and harmless family sitcom.

Did you watch it, and if you did, will you miss it?

Will you miss The Bill Engvall Show?
Yes. It was good and we need more family sitcoms.533 (42.8%)
No, let's make room for another show.217 (17.4%)
What's a Bill Engvall?496 (39.8%)

Mark

Yes, I will miss this show. As many here have said, good clean humor. Nancy and Bill were great, they all were. I thought the 'kids' weren't as smooth as they should be early on, but they improved with every show. It just took a little time for them to get their timing down with the rest of the crew. They had some great lines. Too bad we won't get to see more of them all.

November 12 2009 at 4:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gino

Well Bill maybe you should have used profanity and had your wife and daughter run around in skimpy outfits with both sons doing drugs and felonies, Then your show may have stayed on like all the other crap thats on tv now. Sorry to see you go, was one of the few funny good family shows left on television. Don't take it personal though, you need to smutty up your comedy to please the moral minded people watching tv. Thanks for 3 years at least.

September 27 2009 at 3:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JRSKK

Very good, clean and funny show. I love Bill Engvall's comedy. It's clean with a little bit of high school humor. I will miss the show.

September 27 2009 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
William Charlton

There are few shows on tv worth watching , and as soon as you get one that is family oriented and funny, the network cancels it. I loved that show, looked forward to it every week. Back to reruns now, waitng for Friday Night Lights to come back .

September 27 2009 at 6:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
berryann13

please bring it back ... i loved it. i love bill engvall. i think he is so funny. the show was great bacause i could watch it with my kids.. give it some more chances....please?

September 26 2009 at 6:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wanda Hughes

I am so disgusted and dissapointed that this show has been cancelled. My husband and I watch it every week as it is a really good, decent, funny program..might have known it couldn't last..............TOO GOOD!!!!

September 26 2009 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brenda

I really liked being able to sit down with the whole family to watch it! Most of them you can't!! I'm not suprised that it was canceled, that's what happens to all the good ones.

September 26 2009 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Brenda's comment
bill Acord

amen Brenda

November 29 2009 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

I'd watch Seinfeld and Raymond reruns on TBS and I never thought the Bill Engvall trailers were too funny. So I never bothered.

September 25 2009 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WhatI

I watched it when it first started, liked it, then our cable company turned TBS (and TNT,CNN, Cartoon Network, a few others) into a "digital-box needed" station so they could get an extra $7 for every hookup. Sorry Bill, liked the show but wasn't going to pay another $21 a month to see it or any of the few good shows that were on those networks.

September 25 2009 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott K

I won't miss the promos for it before movies at the theater either.

September 25 2009 at 9:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply