September 2, 2014

I can't wait until 30 Rock starts up again

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 30th 2009 6:02PM
Tina FeyThe fall season has begun and we have a ton of new and returning shows to watch again. It's great to have The Office and The Mentalist and 60 Minutes and The Simpsons back with new episodes, but I still feel a huge void in my TV-watching pleasure. And it's not because Lost and Chuck won't be back until next year.

I'm talking about 30 Rock. While all of the other NBC Thursday night comedies (Weekend Update Thursday, Parks and Recreation, Community, and The Office) have returned, 30 Rock won't be back until October 15. Not sure why that is, but Thursday nights just aren't the same without it. I even saw a promo for NBC's Thursday night lineup and how the show were back, and they included 30 Rock in the montage. That was just painful.

30 Rock is one of those shows that I have to watch live. There are shows that I don't mind recording and then watching the next day or when I get a chance, but I can't wake up on Friday morning without knowing what Liz Lemon and Jack Donaghy are up to. It's as if I've become sick and tired of the lame dialogue and jokes of most comedies and have to get my brain palate cleansed by the brilliant comedy of the cast of 30 Rock.

What I'm trying to say is I'm in love with Tina Fey.

[Watch episodes and clips of 30 Rock and other shows at SlashControl.]

izikavazo

I know! I'm dying without 30 Rock. I've rewatched the old episodes so many times over the summer and I still can't get enough.

October 01 2009 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mitch

you must be the 4 people that watch this show which is not funny. How it survives on tv when noone watches it is beyond me.

October 01 2009 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Mitch's comment
YouFaceTheTick

@mitch,

You should live every day as if it were Shark Week. Remember nothing is impossible...except dinosaurs.

October 03 2009 at 2:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bearxor

30 Rock starts late because they have to film late to accommodate Baldwin's movie career.

SNL Thursday update is there because of the necessity. It's cheap and fills the space until 30 Rock is on.

And I sure hope the 4th season is better than the last. As a die hard 30 Rock fan it pains me to say it but Season 3 paled in comparison to 2. I hope they go back and give the rest of the cast more to do. That's when the show shines.

September 30 2009 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brooke

the reason 30 rock doesn't start until October 15 is because they are only doing 6 episodes of weekend update thursday. when that ends, community moves to the 8pm spot and 30 rock goes into it's 9:30 spot.
i know, it makes me sad too =[

September 30 2009 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Brooke's comment
RobynM

They're moving Community up against FlashForward? At least I can DVR two things at once.

October 01 2009 at 8:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kireet

Bob, truer words have never been written.

September 30 2009 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zachary

The fall season doesn't really start until 30 Rock returns. It's the only network show worth watching.

September 30 2009 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply