April 17, 2014

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson: 1950-1988

by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 30th 2009 7:28PM
Top Gear's Jeremy ClarksonSome tragic news has been discovered in the winding and weaving tunnels of the YouTube archives: Jeremy Clarkson died in 1988.

A British TV program (or is that programme?) about TV called TV Offal (pronounced "awful") broke the sad news that the Top Gear car curmudgeon and TV presenter passed away while filming one of his infamous car reviews. The show reported that Clarkson died in a car accident due to driver inattention. Just think, if the accident had happened now, his blimp-like ego could have acted as an impromptu airbag and saved his life.

The show's faux-obituary paid a not-so-loving tribute to the car show star by remembering his extremely mixed metaphors, teenage testosterone fueled attitude and inability to let the 1970's go. TV Squad would like to offer our deepest condolences to his family members who existed more than 20 years ago.

RobynM

Well, that pushed back my need for caffeine for a while.

October 01 2009 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

wow! That was traumatizing!

I saw the headline and got ready to feel really bummed. Top Gear is one of the few shows my husband and I enjoy watching together. And Jeremy's wit and sarcasm, along with the very funny setups he puts upon his co-stars makes that show very watchable.

October 01 2009 at 10:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DarthPaul

Heh, that was cool!
(I can read)

October 01 2009 at 2:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shadowracer

Whoa dude. I love all 3 Top Gear hosts, but don't mess with Clarkson. What kind of article is this?

Better title - "Jeremy Clarkson is cranky because he's really a zombie".

Damn I want to watch Top Gear now, and not that Top Gear lite stuff they put on Australia(even though that one isn't bad).

October 01 2009 at 2:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
theoneadd2

I don't like cars I know nothing about them but I love Top Gear. Not cool Not cool at all.

October 01 2009 at 1:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michelle

Seriously. That's not funny.

At all.

It's an unnecessarily sensational title for a rather insignificant article.

October 01 2009 at 12:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nacho

I really have been debating lately whether or not to remove tv squads feed from my rss reader.

Stories like this aren't helping your situation any.

September 30 2009 at 10:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pierce

Jesus man, be careful throwing information like that around!

September 30 2009 at 9:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
colin

oh god. saw the date but thought author made a typo. had to read the article twice before i settled down.

September 30 2009 at 8:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Val

Wow I thought he was really dead... Didn't even see the date he died in the title lol read the whole damn article before I realized...

September 30 2009 at 8:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply