April 23, 2014

Another view of Jon Gosselin's latest move

by Allison Waldman, posted Oct 2nd 2009 6:16PM
Jon_Gosselin_TLCAs Jane wrote, last night Jon Gosselin was on Larry King Live with his side of the latest involving him and Kate. Here's my take: Jon Gosselin realized that the game was going on without him so he took his basketball and went home. Actually, that's a metaphor for what happened. In reality, TLC shut down filming Kate Plus 8, the network's new incarnation for Jon & Kate Plus 8 sans Daddy, when Jon sent a cease-and-desist order to the network.

So now Jon has had the realization that maybe putting his eight children on a reality show wasn't such a positive experience. More likely he saw that he was being cut out of the fame game and figured he'd hold his breath until TLC let him back into the show.

Filming involving the children has been stopped. Pending further discussions between Kate and Jon, the kids are out of the limelight for now. I doubt TLC wants to shoot hours of footage of Kate on the couch, so it would behoove the network to sit down with Jon and find out what it's going to take to get him to cooperate again. It'll probably be more than a set of steak knives, but I'm just guessing.

TLC' s statement expressed the network's deep disappointment in Jon's behavior. Big surprise; did they think he was just going to return to obscurity without a fight? The statement also reminded JG that he's still under contract -- exclusive contract -- with TLC. In other words, Jon can't negotiate another reality show on a competing network. Of course, that doesn't stop him from yapping with Larry King.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind if TLC pulled the plug forever and these guys really disappeared from television. The ratings have plummeted for their show and I do not believe there's a real interest from the public in watching her as a talk show host or him as a party boy in Vegas. ...Isn't their 15 minutes up yet?

ineedalife

Everyone forgets about the kids, isn't that what the show is all about. These kids are very cute, that's why I watched it. The older these children get the less cute and attractive they will become. We all remember what it was like to be around 9-13 years old. To stop filming now is disastrous. Now is the only time people will be interested in these children. Looks like Jon is hanging himself on a short rope.

October 12 2009 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Whoosh

I think they should get rid of both Jon and Kate and just leave the "Plus Eight" portion of the program on.

October 03 2009 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wow

He made it very clear on Larry King. He wants the American Chopper motorcycle and out of the exclusive contract with TLC. His posturing now is all about setting up the compromise. Kate should persuade TLC to give him what he wants. Then we can all watch Jon crash and burn with that idiot Lohan, and Kate can get on with it.

October 03 2009 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dianne

Ok...time for them to leave! I got enough of my own reality, therefore, I don't need their drama! Wake up America..they aren't fun to watch anymore!

October 03 2009 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RichK

"No matter how you feel about Kate she's not running around w/numerous men..Especially the ones with criminal records..."

Well, not that we know of. That's because Kate, or someone on Kate's staff, if being smart in keeping her mum about this all except for a few choice statements. Kate and Jon are playing a dangerous game here with 8 kids in the balance.

October 03 2009 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
themediablog

Based on what I saw on the show, I started out with a considerable amount of sympathy for Jon. Yes, he cheated on her and that is never okay, but at the same time she was a micromanaging, nit-picking. So, while I couldn't justify his actions, I could at least understand them.

Having seen his selfish, childish behavior going forward, however, whatever sympathy I had for Jon has completely evaporated.

That said, both of them are wackjobs, it's just question of who is more of a wack. For me, the title goes to Jon.

October 03 2009 at 9:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J.C

MOST MEN HAVE A EPIPHANY WHEN THEIR WORLD STARTS CRASHING DOWN AROUND THEM.., The only reason Jon had this so called magical EPIPHANY, is because he realized TLC was taking his MONEY AWAY. He just wants a HUGE $$$$$$$$$ Settlement from TLC. MARK MY WORDS THIS WILL BE A HEADLINE SOON.........................JON GOSSELIN AGREED TO A SUBSTANTIAL SETTLEMENT WITH TLC.

October 03 2009 at 1:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
T.

i dont understand why either of them are still in the news. Neither has any talents or achievements. What they did do was exploit their children for their own greed and profit. Unfortunately the children are the ones who will suffer the most. Why would any network want to show this kind of stuff on TV? Just for the bucks? No morals, huh? Who speaks up for the children? They have no say in any of this. This is abuse why is it being aired on and why are the parents being paid mega bucks for destorying 8 precious lives. This i dont find entertaining or educational. I dont care about either one of them. Its the children I am concerned about. J&K are trash. Neither one is in their right mind. They will be best if put out to pasture......

October 03 2009 at 1:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian Vermette

Let me state the obvious, I have only watched 10 minutes or so of Jon and Kate plus 8, but while I know a few people that watch the show, I believe once the divorce happened, its really not going to be that popular show anymore, who wants to watch a divorce couple fight and their kids live through it.

TLC should just have a series finale and end it, let the kids return to being kids and Jon and Kate should both stay off televison. If the kids later in life want a show, then TLC should consider that in 10 years or so without their parents.

Message...no more media appearances, interviews, talk shows, no more for Jon or Kate period, enough already, all they are doing is hurting their kids. Let the kids have a normal life.

October 02 2009 at 11:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scifi.lefemme

If you ever watched the show, and watched the way she treated him, they were a mess from day one. I don't think it's all him. They both screwed the pooch putting their needs first with the show.

Frankly, I don't WHY they pull the plug, just ready for them to do it. . Let those damned kids have a chance of a semi normal life. And BOTH parents can get a job!! Which, btw, John had one for the first several seasons of the show.

October 02 2009 at 10:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply