October 22, 2014

Proof the world is ending: I agree with Nancy Grace

by Kona Gallagher, posted Oct 7th 2009 9:13PM
nancy grace
I'll admit it: I watch Jon & Kate Plus Eight. In all of the episodes I've seen, I've never listened to Jon Gosselin speak and thought, "You sir, have missed your vocational calling in the Rocket Sciences," but I also didn't think he was a complete idiot. Recently, my view has changed.

Let's not even get into the wisdom of dating a 22-year-old, or partying on a yacht in France while your wife is back home in Pennsylvania caring for your eight children. The man simply does not know the meaning of the phrase, "quit while you're ahead." To wit: his ridiculous defense on Larry King of his decision to halt production on Jon & Kate as soon as it became Kate Plus Eight, and his Ed Hardy-wearing ass got fired.

Gosselin also thought it would be wise to go on The Insider and square off against caustic defender of "justice," Nancy Grace. In this appearance, he further defends his actions, and claims that all of the decisions he makes are for his kids. Spoiler alert: This does not go well for him.

Jon tries to assert over and over again that his decision to pull the plug on the TLC show is not because he is no longer getting paid for it, but rather due to the fact that he has come to the sudden realization that it is hurting his children. Nancy Grace cuts straight through his crap and tears him a new one.

In the first video, Grace accuses Jon of always making it all about him, blasts both him and Kate for being self-absorbed and arguing constantly in front of their children, and mocks him for hiding behind his lawyer instead of answering questions. Throughout the clip, I found myself simultaneously nodding my head along with her and cringing. Nodding my head because she's dead on about everything she says, and cringing because it's Nancy freaking Grace.

In the second clip, she gets even better, saying that perhaps he should spend more time taking care of his children and making sure they don't require years of expensive therapy, instead of bopping around with Hailey Glassman. She even makes fun of his douchey earrings. Again, all fair points.

Check out the videos below and decide. Who won? Did Nancy Grace actually come out on top? Do you feel dirty?

keren5218

Where is Gloria Alread? (sp?)
Ms Alread was all over "octo mom" when she wanted to cash in her fifteen mins for reality show-calling in CPS and wanting to insure the kids got a piece of the pie
Why is no one looking to see if the "Jon and Kate" show complied with the Jackie Cogan Act and child labor laws?

October 14 2009 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

WTF restoring family values WTF

luv luv luv Nancy Grace and Judge Judy too

October 08 2009 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

Izz, you can't assume anything about those accounts. Jon and his lawyer have stated that those accounts are divided up for tax reasons. They can't keep more than $250,000. in each one. I totally doubt that Kate is broke and can't pay her bills, but it sounds good to say so on national television. With tears (again) to boot. I agree that Jon has been a smuck, but please, Kate has been just as much a publicity hound, maybe a worse one than Jon. He walked away and she intends for her former puppet to pay in every way. She wants her "old Jon" back? Well, he finally grew a backbone so her old Jon is gone. Hitting him financially is the only card she has left.

Just wish they'd all disappear. The kids are the real victims and Mom, especially, just CAN'T let go of the fame or the money still to come in.

October 08 2009 at 10:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

Does anyone really believe that Jon and Kate only had one bank account? Jon is no angel but neither is Kate. That woman is on a gigantic smear campaign and I, for one, refuse to believe her pity party tactics. She is doing more to hurt her kids by making herself out to be the only real victim. TLC, make them all go away.

I don't listen to anything Nancy Grace has to say.

October 08 2009 at 7:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Joyce N.'s comment
Izz

Jon claims the family has 11 bank a/cs. I presume it is one for each kid, 1 for each parent and 1 joint account. Jon looted the joint a/c which is used to pay household bills. Regardless, emptying the joint a/c is low, very low. Jon has no moral compass, period.

October 08 2009 at 9:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

You couldn't pay me enough to watch Nancy Grace, but your post puts me in mind of the old adage "Even a broken watch is right twice a day".

October 07 2009 at 11:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guess Who

Life is very, very short. Anyone spending even a minute of their life watching "Jon and Kate" or Nancy Grace should stop and think about that...

October 07 2009 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
La-Di-Dah

Okay. I admit it. I feel really dirty. I could care less about Jon & Kate (I have up til now avoided seeing any of the shows, avoided seeing any of the drama and interviews - thankfully). Now that I watch this, I enjoyed Nancy Grace calling BS on Jon (because it did sound like BS even to someone unfamiliar and couldn't-care-less about the whole situation). Okay 30 secs over. I can go back to hating on Grace again. Whew.

October 07 2009 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply