October 24, 2014

CBS wants more of The Good Wife and NCIS: LA

by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 8th 2009 5:02PM
The Good WifeCBS must be pretty happy. They've been dominating the television landscape for the past several years. And their spin-offs policy continues to work very well. In it's premiere week, not only was NCIS: LA the top-rated new show of the season, but it pushed its parent series all the way to number one on the week, achieving its highest ratings, too.

Those strong ratings have helped boost Julianna Margulies' The Good Wife to the top as well. As a show of thanks and support, CBS has ordered full-season pick-ups for both The Good Wife and NCIS: LA. As much as I complain about procedurals dominating the CBS landscape, people want to watch these shows. CBS does them better than anyone.

So that's one more night locked in and secured for CBS to dominate. If America ever does get tired of procedurals, though, they're in big trouble!

Debby

The love "The Good Wife" because of the strength she displays. She is a ray of hope for all women who have cheating husbands that we can survive. I was married for 32 years and recently found out my husband was lying and cheating. I do know that I will be ok!!!!

November 04 2009 at 5:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brad456

NCIS is bad enough, the only character worth watching is the goth girl. but she can not carry that show with only 4 minutes of air time. Seriously there should be more goth girls on TV. NCIS LA DOA. CBS makes shows for 60 year women. thats right if you watch CSI, NCIS, and any of that procedural crap, you are a sixty year old woman.

October 10 2009 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy Martin

I don't think The Good Wife needed any strong lead in to get the ratings it's getting simply because it's a great show....plain and simple. Juliana Marguiles is amazing and all of the supporting cast works so well with her. On top of that, the storylines have been excellent. This show is a definite winner.

October 08 2009 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

NCIS LA? Bad... go away. If there was anything else on at 9 pm, NCIS LA would have no ratings, after 2 outings (still have one in the can) i've already deleted it from my TIVO schedule. And that Imp Hunt. Is that a joke or what. Silly 3 foot nome wandering around a secret HQ giving out cryptic words of advice. Why not CGI Yoda in from Star Wars.

October 08 2009 at 7:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
La-Di-Dah

I like the Good Wife. They've inserted good twists with the little side mystery of Peter possibly being framed.

October 08 2009 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I had to delete NCIS: LA from my DVR. It was just too unwatchable. I love NCIS, and I really like Chris O'Donnell, but I couldn't bear watching this terribly formulaic tired old procedural

October 08 2009 at 5:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply