November 23, 2014

Dollhouse needs your help

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 8th 2009 1:28PM
Activate Dollhouse
This isn't a big surprise: fans have started a campaign to save FOX's Dollhouse.

Other campaigns have popped up on the web over the past few years to save shows. While most of them are unsuccessful, once in a while a network will actually listen. This happened to Jericho after fans of that show sent so many nuts to CBS that the network finally decided that producing another seven episodes of the show would be cheaper than having fans send even more nuts to them and having to get rid of them somehow.

[Watch episodes and clips of Dollhouse and other shows at SlashControl.]

cgar

so pissed Sarah Conner Chronicles got canned and this stupid show was saved!

October 09 2009 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ChaoZ

As much as I like Whedon's work, Dollhouse did not deserved to be renewed. There were flashes of brilliance, but Dushku really isn't up to the task. Heck, they should've put Amy Acker in the lead.

October 08 2009 at 7:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ChaoZ's comment
Usama

yes, Acker for the lead

October 08 2009 at 10:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
zkbzjm

Fox..bring back scc all will be forgiven

October 08 2009 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott K.

I watch the show (and wouldn't mind the previously mentioned cleavage test), but I'm not going to cry if it's cancelled. There have been some pretty good episodes, but it seems that's not living up to the potential.

October 08 2009 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

That's going to suck that "DollHouse" will get cancelled as I've been watching from episode one. I still believe that the show could be better then what its critics think it is. They just want the familiar. They just want what's already over and won't let Whedon do something different. They want more "Firefly" or more "Angel" rather then let him grow and do something new, why do you think Chris Carter hasn't done anything since "The Lone Gunmen"?

October 08 2009 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
philly_phenom

I tried to like it, but it's WAY to boring.

Fox should have saved SCC instead...

October 08 2009 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

this show, should have been cancelled and NOT Terminator : the Sarah Connor chronicles

October 08 2009 at 2:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Gunter

This is a show that network restrictions and budgets kill.Imagine it on a better net or even a pay cable net,where it could go and what it could do.

Jericho should have gone to Showtime,Fox has no pay channel or other nets to go to.

October 08 2009 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CMG

As much as I respect Joss, and appreciate just about everything he's done... I think Dollhouse is done for, no matter how many petitions and fan campaigns and such happen. The viewers have already pretty clearly spoken with their remotes. If it were just a little off, you might be able to chalk it up to crappy ratings methodology, but a 0.8? That's hard to argue against.

And, truth be told, while I'm enjoying what episodes we are getting, I won't be too torn up to not get any more, like I was when Angel ended, and when FOX completely blew it with Firefly. Dollhouse just doesn't have quite the same addictive appeal for me that those other series had.

October 08 2009 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deezul

I think Fox Execs rolled the dice to see what show would fail quicker in the new season, Dollhouse or Sarah Conner Chronicles. They probably wanted to drop both, but figure SCC would stick around longer. Dollhouse would drop out quicker. Sounds like some strange logic, but that's a TV exec for you. Maybe they didn't have enough shows in the pipeline for a replacement, and keeping Dollhouse or SCC around for a bit as filler was smarter.

I don't know if that made sense to anyone but me.

October 08 2009 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply