July 23, 2014

South Park: Dead Celebrities - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 8th 2009 2:01PM
South ParkYou knew that when South Park returned it would work in one of the many celebrity deaths that happened over the past several months. But last night's episode actually had, well, all of them: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, David Carradine, and all the others. Ike started to see their ghosts and was sent to a psychiatrist for it. Here's the full episode. Chipotlaway is disgusting but hysterical.

What did you think?

Gio

First half of this season was strong, this was okay. But We're running out of time. Enough of the preaching, wrestling, redefining "fag"...lets just see a Cartman based episode in all his evil glory!

November 09 2009 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Gio's comment
Daniel

Nobody gave a sh*t about Michael until he passed away. Everybody made fun of him and believed he did all the bad things he was accused of. But after he passed away we all felt bad about it and now we condemn anyone who makes fun of him. Although I think it's wrong to make fun of a dead person I also think that if you made fun of him when he was alive and now u don't then you're a hypocrite!! It least South Park is Not a hypocrite. They made fun of MJ when he was alive and now they still do it the same way.

December 11 2009 at 11:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JA

Its NEVER funny to make fun of someone's untimely passing, especially when its so recent and they left small children behind. South Park is usually funny but this episode is in poor taste and because of it, I most likely will NOT watch South Park again. And by the way, making fun of Michael Jackson, is immature and disgusting. Its getting really old now and the writers should get new material. Michael Jackson is the undisputed King of Pop, I noticed that no one dubs the South Park show, king of anything, unless maybe it can now be referred to as the King of STUPIDS.

November 05 2009 at 8:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CJ

The first part was funny than when they started making fun of Michael I was sick and sadden!! Michael deserves so much more and people always gives him such a hard time. Here is a beautiful tribute I found that shows just how human he was and we all are!!! You should be ashamed South Park!! I no longer support your show!!

October 15 2009 at 4:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tradewind

I think they could do better for a beginning of a second half of a season. I knew this was going to happen. It was a little lame and predictable. Still kind of funny.

October 10 2009 at 1:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric Matisoff

Thought it was pretty hilarious. Never had a Chipotle underwear issue, but if I did I think I'd agree with Kyle, stop eating the food rather than buy the laundry product...

Either way, this is a poor excuse for an Episode Review. How come we don't get them for South Park anymore?

October 08 2009 at 6:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pingles

I enjoyed the episode although I didn't care for the Jackson possession. I preferred the Sixth Sense Celebrity Edition better.

Recognizing the celebrities on the plane broke my heart.

Billy Mays was awesome.

October 08 2009 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg

Anyone else think they found the alien for the contest entry? I think I did but I'm not sure.

October 08 2009 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg

October 08 2009 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
R-Bro

Just watched it. Hysterical. It's in such awful taste that I frequently cringed, but also laughed out loud repeatedly. Didn't entirely understand the jab at Chipotle (love it, and have nothing but clean underwear), but still cringed/laughed my head off.

October 08 2009 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply