August 1, 2014

Does Justin Chambers have the best girly scream ever?

by Jane Boursaw, posted Oct 11th 2009 11:03AM
Grey's Anatomy: Alex meets the bearA lot happened in this week's Grey's Anatomy, including Meredith making the difficult decision to give her dad part of her liver. That's convenient for the real-life Ellen Pompeo, who just had her baby on Sept. 15.

And there's still the issue of the Mercy West merger, which docs will get the axe, and the usual patient drama and staff angst. But what stood out for me happened in the first few seconds of this episode, when Alex stepped outside of Derek's trailer and came face to face with a bear. Alex screamed! The bear screamed! Everyone screamed! But mostly Alex!

I wonder how many takes it took for Justin Chambers to get that awesome girly scream. Or perhaps it was dubbed in? Whatever the case, it surely is one of the best TV screams I've heard in quite some time, and Michael agreed that Alex should get more storylines with funny situations.

What did you think of Alex's scream? Are there any others in recent TV history that even come close?

Jennifer

My vote goes to Turk/Donald Faison on Scrubs. His scream gets me every time! And he will usually create a little delayed reaction before he screams, which makes it even more of a winner.

October 12 2009 at 3:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NP

Shawn and Gus on Psych totally beat Alex in girly screaming. Just check out in "Scary Sherry (Bianca's Toast)", "Zero to Murder in Sixty Seconds", "Daredevils", "High-Top, Fade Out" for them screaming together, and then Pilot for Gus and Tuesday the 17th for Shawn.

October 11 2009 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trtlsoup2001

I LMAO at the totally girly scream. It was hilarious!

October 11 2009 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pingles

The boys from Psych do a pretty good girly-scream duo.

October 11 2009 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mb

As much as I can't stand most of the characters on this show, the character of Alex could be the comedic "go-to" relief for the show.

Much as how (and I can't believe I'm saying this because I couldn't stand this show) Joey from Friends was. But in a more refined way, of course, because Alex is a doctor and Joey was, well... Joey.

I do have to admit that I wasn't expecting that scream. A very funny touch from such a serious/grouchy character.

Now if only that bear had eaten Izzy...

October 11 2009 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to mb's comment
Gina

Seriously. Can we go one story without the Izzie (not Izzy) haters getting their two cents in? This is about Alex. Grow up.

October 15 2009 at 11:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mb

Uh... no. You can't have an Izzy-bash-free thread.

Nope.

October 15 2009 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MGH

Supernatural - Dean Winchester, "Yellow Fever".

Thank me later.