November 22, 2014

Hey, it's X-Files 1013 Day

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 13th 2009 1:27PM
The X-FilesI don't know if this is a real holiday or not, but if it isn't let's start one.

Today is October 13, a very important date in the world of The X-Files. It's the birthday of the show's creator, Chris Carter, but it's also...

• the name of Carter's production company, Ten Thirteen Productions ("I made this!")
  • Fox Mulder's birthday
  • the day The X-Files movie was released on video in 1999
  • the names of various files on the show and the dates that various events occurred, including the day Cigarette Smoking Man offered his wife to the aliens
  • and many other things

jsalexandra

Chris Carter has done a great work as the creator of the x files series.I think that the x files is one of the finest creation of CC.

November 12 2009 at 2:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

Uh, I think not. I know the behind-the-scenes story on The X-Files, and Chris Carter deserves no respect whatsoever. He's a charm boy hack, and all he's ever done is use people. Hollywood won't give him the time of day now, and for good reason.

October 13 2009 at 5:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to C C's comment
Dave

Nice of you to provide some linkage for this dude. I know nothing of you, your claims, nor anything about this "inside knowledge" you have.

But sure - I'll believe some anonymous internet comment over 7 seasons of shows (along with a couple of other things).

You GO dude!

October 13 2009 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Europa

I always thought it was his wife's birthday. Guess not. Anyway, it's like those new ads for Los Vegas, anything excuse to take the day off, right? :D

October 13 2009 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Europa's comment
Alex

His wife's birthday is 11/21, which is also a commonly seen number in the show. And I am a huge nerd.

October 14 2009 at 12:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

That's intresting, even I didn't know some of those things, and I'm a big fan. Well happy 10 13 to Chris Carter (come back!) and to all us X-Philes.

October 13 2009 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply