August 1, 2014

Hugh Hefner is like the kindly grandfather girls have sex with

by Jane Boursaw, posted Oct 14th 2009 9:02AM
Hugh Hefner and his Girls Next Door
Apparently, I've gone over to the dark side and have somehow morphed into a person who watches the E! network. I've commented on the Kardashians, Leave it to Lamas, and Chelsea Lately (which I love by the way). I've finally moved to the bottom of the barrel -- The Girls Next Door.

Here's the thing about this show. Who really knows what goes on when the cameras are turned off (or possibly, we don't want to know), but it seems like Hugh Hefner is a really nice guy. All of his girlfriends and ex-girlfriends have only good things to say about him, and they rave about how cool it is to live at the Playboy mansion.

And if you can get past the part where he has several girlfriends at the same time, and is, like, 103 years old creepily having sex with 19-year-old girls (if he can still have sex, that is), he just seems like a nice guy. The kindly grandfather girls have sex with. Oh, and he loves to scrapbook.

I mean, you have to sort of admire a guy who has never wavered from his blatant honesty about his life. He loves having beautiful women around him, he loves seeing them naked, and he's made millions off that concept. In short, he's a genius. That's really what it boils down to. Whether the girls are being objectified or seen as sex objects, that's another story.

And it's not like the girls move into the mansion expecting to win a Pulitzer or come up with a new particle theory or a cure for cancer. They pretty much know what they're getting into. And based on the show, it seems like most of them use it as a stepping stone to other things in their career. Is that such a bad thing?

[Watch clips of The Girls Next Door at SlashControl.]

Kandy Halloween Tickets

Hugh Hefner really interesting man for girls. His style and personality are very nice and attractive. In play boy mansion party people meet new persons so they can make their friends. People really feel glad and do enjoyment in this party. I have also really very nice suggestion for this type of party. Playboy Mansion Kandy Halloween provide really very good service for it.

October 15 2009 at 5:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

Why does he hang out with beautiful 19 year old women? Because he can. If I had his money I would too.

October 14 2009 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NightOwl

According to an article I read years ago, Hef does in fact have a genius level IQ. This came as no surprise to me, since the man had found a way to become a famous multimillionaire by indulging and marketing his love of cavorting with naked women. And he did it without turning his magazine into a sleazy exploiter of women, though I realize some will disagree with that statement. But, in my opinion, Playboy is a quality magazine that also contains gorgeous women in various states of undress.

October 14 2009 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

There is no doubt that Hef is the man. What he has accomplished in his life and with the magazine is amazing.

That being said, he is starting to look like an old pervert hanging around these young chicks. You may be 25 years old in your mind (we all are!), you are 83 years old in physical appearance. Pick an age appropriate partner . . . maybe a girl in her - gasp - 30's.

October 14 2009 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Tool's comment
eric f

"he is starting to look like an old pervert hanging around these young chicks"

I think the point is that he's happy and really doesn't care what you think. But really that should be directed towards the girls. You know they wouldn't be there if i weren't for the $$$$$$$. That's the gross part.

October 14 2009 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chuck

I shouldnt knock a show I've seen only once, but it was all I could stand. Especially the Southern California attitude of "Oh, look at my stuff" and more "Oh look at more of my stuff".......Just what the US needs is more gorgeous looking blonde bimbos trying to be emotional on a "reality" series. Think about the patheticness of of all the people staring at this show and the majority of them wishing it were them. Yep, good quality programming.......

October 14 2009 at 12:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Promethia

This is the show that made me realize my aversion to conventional reality-show drama is far stronger than my aversion to twenty-year-old girls selling themselves as sex objects on television and in print while satisfying the sexual needs of an eighty-something polygamist. It's true. My roommate sucked me into the show by going "I know what you've thinking, but it's like the least catty show on television. You have to watch it." And indeed, I found that the Playboy Mansion (at least under Holly, Bridget, and Kendra--I haven't watched the new incarnation) is a fairy-tale world of sisterly comradarie. In comparison to the vast wasteland of trash-talking and in-fighting that is most of reality television, it is a peaceable paradise. Seems I will put up with the occasional wrenching spasm of conscience (Playboy?!?! What am I condoning here?!?!) for the chance to watch beautiful young women be nice to each other.

October 14 2009 at 9:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply