April 24, 2014

The wrong person went home on last night's Biggest Loser

by Jane Boursaw, posted Oct 14th 2009 9:31AM
The Biggest Loser, TraceyEliminations on The Biggest Loser are always heart-wrenching. Much as the contestants hate being away from their families, they've made the decision to try out for the show, and once they're there, the last thing they want to do is go home and back to their unhealthy habits.

Many of them truly are fighting for their life, and you just know that without the motivation of laying it all out there on TV -- not to mention the grueling paces that Bob and Jillian put them through -- some of them might never gain control over their weight.

In last night's episode, I can understand why Coach Mo decided to put himself on the chopping block. With him there, and with someone else going home, the numbers didn't add up right. As Jason mentioned, it was a completely selfless thing Coach Mo did for the good of the team. There's a lot of that going on this season -- people stepping up to do the right thing and help a fellow contestant.

Unfortunately, none of that goodwill has originated from Tracey. She's done nothing but cause emotional havoc with the other contestants, and the fact that she had control over who was assigned to the teams last night made me absolutely crazy. But even more crazy-making is the fact that the Blue Team had the chance to send her packing and didn't.

No matter how the numbers look, I still think that Tracey being there and creating emotional turmoil and divisiveness within the team will do more harm than Mo staying and helping to create a supportive, caring environment. Do you agree with me -- what do you think?

Jon B. Knutson

What pissed me off so much about Blue Team's decision was that up to that point, they were all saying how they were going to get rid of Tracey... and then, all of a sudden, because Coach Mo offers himself up, they ALL change their mind?

I'll enjoy watching Blue Team getting picked off one by one in the coming weeks... wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the show, Bob has no people to train left (as has happened in a previous season)!

October 15 2009 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
maggie

It struck me that Coach Mo must have such a deep self loathing.......that he must not think he deserved to win or to be on the ranch. He's been completely selfless since the show started -- generous to a fault, to his detriment. I bothered me to see him do that, and infuriated me to see the rest of the team buy into keeping Tracey. She's a manipulative b_tch and for the life of me, I can't understand how she's losing weight. I can't quite stop watching yet, but it won't be long before I change the channel. Seems like the past two seasons were more collegial than this one.

October 15 2009 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GrumpyOldMan

This season would be nothing without our beloved Trazey! The rest of them are such babies....crying over nothing.

October 14 2009 at 4:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JoeBrooks

Going against the grain here - but I actually enjoy watching Tracy. Why do people go on this show and forget it's a game for money? The losing the weight is thing you need to do win the money.

This season was looking to be stale until Week 3 when Tracy returned to the ranch. And I'm glad she's there!

October 14 2009 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
zippersgirl

If keeping Tracey is a ratings ploy, it's not working. I switch the channel every time she is on screen. Mo should have been saved.

October 14 2009 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

I have stopped watching the show because I can't stand watching that Tracey, she's just ignorant. Coach Mo should have stayed.

October 14 2009 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MS

I am done watching...rigged or not I do not know why anyone would want to watch such a vicious and evil person win anything. I love Liz and her big heart and I am really inspired by the people who are not playing a part in a made for tv drama...but to watch evil for the sake of evil isn't my idea of good tv. I'm done...so if the producers think this is good tv they're wrong. Pschyco Tracey is ruining a good show.

October 14 2009 at 12:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Babs

Oops It was "American Idol" Tracey! makes me so angry with her smugness I can't even think!

October 14 2009 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Babs

AGH! I am done watching! You know this was rigged from start to finish, and I for one! am sick to death! Of watching Nasty, Back Stabbing B#@%#'s have good things come their way! I'm done with Biggest Loser. I quit watching "America's Got Talent" after I had to watch a no talent Sanjia (or however you spell his name) week after week.

October 14 2009 at 11:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BLuving

It's just waaaaay too convenient for the drama factor on the show to have Tracey win the challenge last night. The show has to be rigged to manufacture as much controversy as possible to stir up viewers emotions. That said I think the producers are doing a great job with the "Tracey vs. the World" storyline. If it wasn't for that, why else would you be compelled to watch?

October 14 2009 at 10:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to BLuving's comment
Melody

I couldn't agree with you more! I have watched every season of this show and NBC is desperate for ratings and they are maneuvering every last bit of this to keep the ratings high. It was ALL too convenient that Tracy won the power to chose teams. The point of the show used to be motivating people and it was uplifting...now it's just gameplay and annoying childish people that don't even deserve to be on the ranch.

October 14 2009 at 12:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply