October 24, 2014

Wil Wheaton's episode of The Big Bang Theory looks amazing

by Kona Gallagher, posted Oct 14th 2009 6:30PM
big bang theory
Wil Wheaton's guest appearance on The Big Bang Theory airs next week, and neither he or CBS has had much to say up to this point about his character. I speculated that he could be a rival for Penny's affection, but it looks as though he may be a rival of a different kind. We now know who Wheaton is playing in this episode, and it's not Penny he's after.

Will Wheaton is playing... get ready for it... Wil Wheaton. That's right, not only is the real-life geek going to appear on the geekiest comedy on television, but he's playing himself. What's even better is that Sheldon considers Wheaton to be his nemesis. In the episode, titled, "The Creepy Candy Coating Corollary," Sheldon sets out to settle the score with Wheaton once and for all. NERD WAR!

We don't know too much more about the episode other than part of it takes place in the comic book shop. Did Wil Wheaton snag something Sheldon had his eye on? Or perhaps, Sheldon is just offended by the very existence of Wesley Crusher. Whatever the feud is, it's sure to be amazing. Why do you think Wil is Sheldon's nemesis? Feel free to post your wild theories below.

Primo

Sheldon found out a new Star Trek series is on the board with Wesley Crusher as the new Captain

October 22 2009 at 12:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

I'm not regularly watching TBBT (I need to catch up first), but I'm not gonna miss this. Go Wil!

October 16 2009 at 11:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn

I think I read somewhere that Sheldon had met Wil some time before and at that encounter Wil was somewhat rude to him.

October 15 2009 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne

Apparently Sheldon had some sort of issue with Wil Wheaton in an autograph line at a convention....let the games begin.

October 15 2009 at 9:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

Sounds like Sheldon was one of the many who hated the character of Wesley Crusher on Star Trek The Next Generation. As I recall, he (Wesley) was quite annoying to many people.

October 14 2009 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

I have no theory because I have no idea who the heck Wil Wheaton is.

October 14 2009 at 8:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Dave's comment
Adam Colman

Then, Dave, you're doing the internet wrong.

October 14 2009 at 8:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

Oh, that's helpful. Jackass.

October 17 2009 at 12:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply