August 28, 2014

Ted will be scrubbed from Scrubs

by Danny Gallagher, posted Oct 15th 2009 9:09PM
One of Scrubs' minor but more memorable characters will become a memory this season.

Actor Sam Lloyd, who plays the hopelessly pathetic attorney Ted, will leave the show in the upcoming season. Lloyd said he just finished filming his final episode and called it a "bittersweet moment."

"It was a nice episode, but it was very bittersweet for me," Sam said. "It was basically my choice and I just decided I should move on at this point."

I sat down with Lloyd and fellow band member Philip McNiven to talk about their a cappella music group The Blanks for a feature interview that we'll post soon. In the meantime, enjoy their famous rendition of "Over the Rainbow" to give this sad moment the solemn tone it deserves.

JAG

Ted has been my favorite character on the show. The show has not been that great anymore, but I still loved his part.
There is a guy that walks around my neighborhood sometimes that looks like Ted. The hair AND dressed up with a briefcase by his side. I cracked up the first time I saw him cuz I thought about Scrubs.

October 18 2009 at 4:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alvin

SCRUBS was one show that moved me. It could be ludicrous at one
moment and quite poignant the next. I hope the JD character has
more than a small part in the show. I think he makes the show.
I identified with the Ted more than any of the rest. I hope someone
is extra nice to him on his last time apperance.

October 18 2009 at 3:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nico toscani

JUMPED THE SHARK TWO SEASONS AGO. THIS REVAMPED VERSION SHOULD GO OVER ABOUT AS WELL AS JOANIE LOVES CHACHI!!!

October 18 2009 at 2:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jojo

I love scrubs, but now all the good actors are leaving. It won't be the same without J.D. and now Ted. And the janitor is on a new sitcom so he may not even come back. I wish they would leave things that work alone. Who will Kelso aggrivate and what will become of Turk now that J.D. is gone, and the janitor, he was soo funny tormenting J.D. It won't be the same. The only good thing is I have The seasons on DVD, and there's always reruns to watch when the show gets cancelled because all the favorite characters are leaving. And we never did find out the janitors real name, did we?

October 17 2009 at 11:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cory

He was one of my favorite characters on Scrubs! I wish him the best of luck in what he does next. I cant wait to see what it is im sure he will be amazing in that as well! TED for life!!!

October 17 2009 at 10:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bob

A friend of mine is an actors agent. He told me when you read about a actor leaving a show on his own accord don't believe it. Chances are that the producers are trying to save money on the show so that they can pay the main actors more for this last season.Sam Lloyd was good in the show but after all he was just one of the second level character actors and his role was easy to write out.

October 17 2009 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam

Zach Braff is only going to be in limited episodes. The show is going
to focus mainly around Turk and Dr. Cox's characters. They will be at
a teaching hospital. I do believe they should have already ended the
show, it has gone past it's prime!

October 17 2009 at 8:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J. Waldron

Sorry to hear it. Good actor and a good part.

October 17 2009 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nico toscani

So after the big, moving finale they're coming back? What a crock of sh*t. This show has really declined in quality over the last couple of seasons, relying heavily on lame sight gags and such. Too bad Zach Braff's movie career fizzled out and he needs the money.

October 17 2009 at 8:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patrick

Good luck to him and really looking forward to the interview with The Blanks.

October 16 2009 at 9:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply