October 22, 2014

This is one creepy Tabasco sauce commercial

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 16th 2009 5:07PM
Tell me, on what planet is this an appealing commercial? I hate ads where random bottom parts suddenly appear on food. And it's especially disturbing if the food starts talking or singing to me. This one is like Willy Wonka's Oompa-Loompas speaking from another dimension.

I was going to have pizza for dinner tonight too. Now...not so much. Or maybe I'll just skip the pepperoni.

[via Adfreak]

jeffcdo

The pepperonis look like burn victims.

December 28 2009 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clay

this post is kinda dumb, cause this is neat commercial. its pretty cool, i think. how on earth could this make you not want to eat pizza?

November 02 2009 at 11:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deborah

I used to love pepperoni pizza but haven't eaten one since I saw this commercial. It is very creepy as is barbershop quartet music in any venue, but especially as four pepperoni slices. Im off pizza and Tabasco sauce now.

October 25 2009 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pete

They look so gross! I call them the "Barber shop burn victims."

October 18 2009 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

Shoot it in black and white and it sounds and would look like something from the fifties. Boring!!!

October 17 2009 at 4:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anthony

THANK YOU! I HATE ANTHROPOMORPHIZED FOOD! It's gross, the Chips-a-hoy cookies are just as bad.

October 16 2009 at 8:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tv junkie

that is one gross pizza, i don't know what tabasco was thinking with this ad, associate their sauce with pizza face.

October 16 2009 at 6:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rbsdrone

hey!!! I love this ad! It makes me want to try the Tabasco on my pizza. It's not creepy. It's very cleaver.

October 16 2009 at 6:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply