October 25, 2014

Do the Snuggie folks know about Montel Williams' Toasty?

by Allison Waldman, posted Oct 18th 2009 10:03AM
Montel_Williams_headDo the people who "invented" the Snuggie know about the Toasty Wrap? Do you know that there are two very similar blankets with sleeves being sold everywhere? Are there more backward blankies out there that I've yet to see in an infomercial or commercial? (See what happens when you stop reading catalogs?) I feel so out of the loop!

Well, Montel Williams has endorsed the The Living Well Toasty Wrap Blanket. It's apparently part of his entire line of Living Well stuff. But is this really legit? How many ways can you make a blanket with sleeves?

I have to be honest. I live in Florida. Unless I drop the air conditioning down to 65, I have no need for blankets of any couch variety.

Aside from the blanket business, what's going on with Montel? The infomercial I caught was just one of a series he's done. There's a whole Montel Williams Living Well online thing with products to sell. He guarantees all the products personally. Hmm ... he looked very warm and toasty in the Toasty Wrap.

I guess he truly believes that living well is the best revenge, especially when your talk show has come to an end.

RobynM

There's a whole industry of variants - Slanket, Freedom Blanket (supposedly the original), Blankoat (Icelandic, 250 Euros!) Gizmodo did a comparision article of those three in March, and I'd be surprised if there weren't others floating around.

So the answer to your question is - apparently, a lot.

October 19 2009 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ann

I hate cold feet and Snuggie isn't as good as Kozytoez. Their line, it's the fleece blanket with a foot pocket and theirs folds into a pillow so I can take it on the plane. So much better than a Snuggie. I think the website is kozytoez.com and their price is very competitive. I live in Florida too and it's 47 here this morning. Keeping my feet warm is great.

October 19 2009 at 9:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wayne

Snuggies are simply bathrobes worn backwards. How dumb are some consumers?

October 18 2009 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aml

It is the same commercial. I think that the picture of the woman is the same one that is used on the Snuggie website.

The Toasty Wrap is either not legit or just a lame attempt to sell the same product to people who are anti-Snuggie.

October 18 2009 at 12:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mtgalusha

Interesting that when you go to Montel's site, the video that plays for the Toasty Wrap is the exact same commercial for Snuggie but with a different voice-over.

October 18 2009 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kaycee

But its the same exact commercial for the Toasty Wrap as it is for the Snuggie. I am guessing they just renamed it to put the Montel name on it.

I live in Florida and its freezing today.

October 18 2009 at 10:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply