April 16, 2014

Three Rivers: Good Intentions - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 19th 2009 12:33PM
Three RiversI hate when football runs over. I want to watch 60 Minutes but two teams insist on ending the fourth quarter in a tie and have to go to overtime. Even when it's not OT the game often runs over, and for some reason CBS then goes to another game instead of starting the prime time shows right away. Last night they went to another game and fans of Cold Case were left in the dark because CBS didn't have enough time to show the episode.

But Three Rivers fans got to see Alex O'Loughlin and his friends try to save lives. What did you think of the episode?

[Watch episodes and clips of Three Rivers and other shows at SlashControl.]

Marie

I love Three Rivers and hope CBS will give it a chance. Put it on another evening when the football games don't screw up the schedule. I am not crazy about Cold Case.

December 14 2009 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Terri S.

Alex O'Loughlin is an incredible actor, but Three Rivers isn't a good fit for him.

November 20 2009 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

I liked this episode a lot! We're learning more about the personal lives of the doctors and what makes them tick. The show is really pulling together! Asthetically pleasing cast too! ;) I came to the show as a fan of Alex O'Loughlin, aka hottest man on the planet, but am becoming a fan of the rest of the cast members as well. There's a lot of talent there!

October 20 2009 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bonnie

I enjoyed this weeks three rivers very much.. I like that you are getting bits and pieces of the characters lives outside the hospital. I hope they continue in that direction.

October 20 2009 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
llcurrie

'Good Intentions' brought together the best of story telling and the technical so far as three episodes can.... we weren't so overwhelmed with technical jargon, we got more back story and character information - it made us want more. The editing wasn't too bad - a couple continuity booboos - but the main photography was better - not so much UNsteadycam - not so much distracting zoom shots... it was easier to watch....

I am intreagued enough to want more - more on the characters, more on their personal story and interactions with each other - so maybe they need just a bit more "soap" and just a little less focus on the donors/recipients.

... all just MHO ... I will continue to watch - and be there every single Sunday.

October 20 2009 at 9:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rcml53

I enjoyed Three Rivers last night , it was good to find out a little about Dr Andy,the cast seems to have great chemistry.
I am looking forward the next episode.

October 19 2009 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
silvy

I loved Three Rivers last night. Good Intentions was great!! The stories are incredibles each week!!! I can't wait for the next episode; the promo looks good!!
This is an amazing show!!! :)

October 19 2009 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
purpleslog

Boring show. This was the last episode of it I watch. I gave it a chance.

October 19 2009 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thepassenger

Re: football--CBS is contractually obligated to broadcast the games, which means show them all the way to the end. The later games start at either 4:05 or 4:15 (I don't know why they are staggered), so if there's a game that starts at 4:15 that happens to go into overtime, as was the case with yesterday's Bills-Jets game, CBS has to continue to broadcast the game until it ends.

A few years back FOX gave up on trying to program before 8 PM eastern time on Sundays during football season for this exact reason. Now, when the late game ends they do The OT, which is a wrap-up show, until 8 PM. I wish CBS would take a cue from this and do a shortened version of 60 Minutes to fill the time until 8 PM. They could compensate for this by doing a "bonus edition" of 60 Minutes somewhere else during the week.

October 19 2009 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SoN2Alex

I thought Three Rivers-Good Intentions was great, I really love this show and I think the cast, especially Alex O'Loughlin are incredible and very talented...I however hate the timeslot CBS has put it in. Hopefully CBS will see that and move it to another night...

October 19 2009 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply