July 30, 2014

Stargate's Michael Shanks swoops into Smallville as Hawkman

by Mike Moody, posted Oct 20th 2009 6:04PM
michael shanks smallville stargateFans of actor Michael Shanks won't have to wait until the next Stargate DVD movie/telefilm to see him back on the small screen. The SG-1 alum has landed the role of Hawkman on the upcoming Justice Society episode of Smallville.

Shanks' Hawkman won't be the only classic DC Comics hero making an appearance in the episode. Dr. Fate, played by Brent Stait, and Stargirl, played by Britt Irvin, will also appear in the ep, penned by comic book writer Geoff Johns. More Justice Society characters are expected to appear.

Johns wrote last season's "Legion" episode that featured members of DC Comics' Legion of Super-Heroes. "Legion" was one of the best episodes of Smallville's eighth season. Johns' script was heavy on the inside jokes and comic references, and the actors did a fine job portraying some of DC's more obscure heroes.

I'm expecting another winner from Johns with the Justice Society ep, and Shanks has enough hero and heart in him to pull off Hawkman. The episode is slated to air in January.

[Via: IGN]

Don

Michael Shanks is also appearing in an upcoming episode of Sanctuary... I believe it's episode 9 of this season.

October 21 2009 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gina

What station is Smallville on and what day and time. I have never watched and now I have to (at least in January) to see Michael.

October 21 2009 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amanda

Crap, now I have to watch Smallville. (I quit watching once Jason was killed off in season 4; if not for Jensen Ackles, I'd have quit after season 3). The things I'll do to get my hot guy fix...

October 21 2009 at 10:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diana

I am glad that Shanks is getting work :) It's rather fitting that he'll play a reincarnated egyptian God after dealing with egyptian mythology for so long on Stargate. :P

October 21 2009 at 9:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Saenz

This will be the only Smallville episode I will watch this season. Unless he (Michael Shanks) comes back for another.

October 20 2009 at 7:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply