July 28, 2014

Abby's trip to NCIS Los Angeles is set

by Allison Waldman, posted Oct 22nd 2009 1:04PM
Pauley_Perrette_NCISCircle the date on the calendar. On November 24 -- that's right before Thanksgiving so you might be busy with other stuff -- don't miss NCIS: Los Angeles because Pauley Perrette's Abby will be guesting. She won't just be on a monitoring talking to the folks in L.A.; she'll be in the City of Angels.

Goth Abby in the City of Angels? We knew it was coming. But how oxymoronic. All that sunshine is counter to the dark vibe, although if you ask me, Abby is a walking oxymoron. She's a scientist in love with forensics who is covered in tattoos, has a dog collar as a necklace and likes pigtails.

Anyway, back to the crossover. Michael Ausiello's sources have leaked to him at EW.com that Abby's visit to the Left Coast is a major plot point. Abby is not there by choice; she's been abducted.

The NCIS: LA crew get to work to find and save her. It's hard for me to imagine how the crew back in D.C. is not involved in her rescue, but I guess we'll have to watch the show to figure out why and how they're out of the loop. Hmm... perhaps Gibbs and company are out of the country on assignment, like earlier this year when they were in North Africa?

Whatever, it's going to be up to LL Cool J and Linda Hunt and Chris O'Donnell -- I mean, Sam, Hetty and Callen -- to bring save Abby and keep her in one piece. I haven't been won over by NCIS: LA, but this is an episode that I will watch. Something tells me that I'm not alone, which means if NCIS: LA really intends to capture the hearts and minds of NCIS fans -- all 20 million of us who are making NCIS the number one Nielsen rated show in the country -- this is the big, November sweeps opportunity.

[Catch up with last week's episode of NCIS and more on SlashControl.]

Julia Carlson

What a great picture! She seem so spunky. I have always wanted to be brave and do my hair like that one day.

May 07 2014 at 10:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jleavitt84

I don't really know much about the show NCIS: LA. I am not the kind of person that sits and watches T.V. series. For example, people have been talking a lot about the shows "Breaking Bad" and "The Walking Dead". I have not seen them and people freak out at me because I haven't. I'm just not the kind of person that gets into things like that.

February 19 2014 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ruthiejames95

I agree. Her style is so different because she wants to look different. I think she likes the attention from her odd style.
Ruth James | http://www.integrative-health.us/treatment-options/anger-management.html

January 22 2014 at 12:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary Neal

Sometimes I wonder if Abby wears her style like that because of stress. This episode was a stressful one, and maybe she just wanted to show her stress in a gothic sort of way. http://www.tm.org/transcendental-meditation-westchester-county

July 13 2011 at 11:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Therapist

I've half watched a couple eps now, and I'm thinking the Director needs to be on the big screen giving a mission at the begin of each ep Mission Impossible/Charlie's Angels style. Although I will agree that there needs to be a more defined leader in the LA group.

November 15 2009 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MF

I love the new show! In fact I never watched NCIS until I started watching NCIS LA. The leads have great chemistry, and make me want to know more about them. Yes there are some kinks to iron out, but that is true of just about any new show.

The producer has said all along that unlike all the CSI shows these two would not operate in a vacuum. With having one boss, Vance, the interaction between the two shows would be fairly common. And it is sweeps so of course there will be stunts, wondering about that is like wondering if night will follow day or if politicians will lie.

In the long run I think this will help NCIS also. I am getting hooked on this show and now have to go back and watch all the previous seasons. Plus many veteran shows try to change things to "keep it fresh" and fail,(House turns into the american idol, then the 13 Show, Grey's Anatomy gets too stupid to watch, etc) This may be a way to one bring some new viewers, like me, to NCIS, and help keep it fresh with some crossover stuff without losing what made people watch it in the first place.

October 23 2009 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WhatI

Brave of anyone to think this show will last until Nov. 24 - I'm a fan of NCIS and even watch USA repeats occasionally, but I'm only watching this because nothing else is on.... I do hope they turn it around, because LL, Robin, and the Incredibles gal are all likable people, but their characters need some work/definition. The show shouldn't have to borrow from the original in order for it to work.

October 22 2009 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lucia

I won't deny that I find the idea of Abby getting abducted intriguing, but the fact that it happens on NCIS:LA screams Ratings Stunt. I don't have anything against the spin-off, but I'm not really interested in Chris O'Donell,a rapper, Edna Mode and that stereotypical nerd who keeps popping up in every other reality show going to Abby's rescue. It should be the original team, on the original show.

October 22 2009 at 3:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

See the thing is, anyone who's watched more than a dozen episodes knows that when she sets her mind to it, Abby is just as tough as anyone. Personally I'd like to see her smack Sam around a little just for fun. Remember the time she took out the hit man in the van with the taser, and Gibbs just stood there and laughed?

October 22 2009 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply