July 24, 2014

Here's the first pic from the Desperate Housewives plane crash

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 22nd 2009 7:03PM
Desperate Housewives
We told you several days ago about the plane crash that will happen on Desperate Housewives later this season (it may or may not be an Oceanic plane, there are conflicting reports on that). Here's the first pic from the scene, with all of its devastation. The Daily Mail has more.

Creator Marc Cherry says the crash will kill several characters.

[Watch episodes and clips of Desperate Housewives at SlashControl.]

George William Gockel

Eva Longoria Parker and I will sexually harrass and rape Heather Locklear on purpose for Heather Locklear's own good in Eva Longoria Parker's bed after Eva Longoria Parker will divorce her husband Tony Parker for Eva Longoria Parker's own good.

October 25 2009 at 2:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KathyXmas

That is definately the WAR of THE WORLD set, from the Universal Studios Hollywood backlot tram tour. (My husband drives the trams). This month, Universal is having "Halloween Horror Nights", with the "Terror Tram", and that set is now a walk through "Saw" maze for HHN, directly in front of those facades. That can't be a recent picture, because I was just there a few nights ago, and it's all decorated scary for "Halloween Horror Nights". That "street" that you see on the left in the picture, is where the tram drives through & stops during the regular daytime tour...
Wisteria Lane is usually closed during the weekdays when they are filming the show. My husband drove the tram through Wisteria Lane yesterday, and there are currently no signs of a plane crash (yet...)

When DH filmed the tornado, the trams bypassed Wisteria Lane, and the street was closed for months due to filming & cleanup...

October 25 2009 at 2:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Suzanne

Desperate Housewives is getting to be just that - desperate. This season hasn't been it's greatest so far. They are using so many of the same situations that they have used before - a young man who seems to have some emotional and other issues - remember Zack from the first couple of seasons? And surprise, surprise - Susan's ex, Karl, is having an affair with one of the women on Wisteria Lane. A few seasons ago it was Edie and now it's Bree. And Bree as a woman having a steamy sexual fling just isn't believeable. She'd rather set a gracious table. Gabby's boy toy John is back and he STILL wants to play with her. Never learns, apparently. Lynette is pregnant with twins again. There are new neighbors who have secrets. Hello, Alfre Woodard and family? It seems like the writers and whoever else tries to get creative on DH have run out of new ideas. Now, another major castrophe is coming and there will be destruction. The tornado wasn't enough apparently. I love this show but it seems like the writers and powers that be can't keep it fresh anymore. Way too bad.

October 25 2009 at 12:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Suzanne's comment
oshinsd

I couldn't have said it better myself. You have said it just like it is. I loved this show, even got my husband hooked on it and we are so disappointed every Sunday with the cartoonish-like episodes. I hate to see it end, but it has gotten so ridiculous. Like you said, way too bad.

October 25 2009 at 2:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
UGottaBKiddingMe

Yes, this is the 'War of the Worlds' set on the Universal tour and it has nothing to do with the rumored 'Desperate Housewives' plane crash which HAS NOT BEEN FILMED YET!

You gotta be kidding me, get your facts straight!

October 24 2009 at 10:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edward Elvira

THIS IS EXACTLY THE SET OF THE WAR OF THE WORLDS FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS!!!! I THINK SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET THERE INFO STRAIGHT FIRST BEFORE PUBLISHING SOMETHING...

October 24 2009 at 10:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne K.

I'm from Buffalo, too and I know what you're saying. However, that happened here a while ago and this is a show filmed in California. I mean there have been a couple other in the air mishaps since then. The world just keeps spinning.

October 24 2009 at 9:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JBob

I could care less about this show, but it hasn't even been a year since flight 3407 went down here in Buffalo. I don't know what kind of show DH is, but I hope everything is done realistically and tastefully.

October 24 2009 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nacho

I really hate watching TV shows and not knowing exactly what happened. It would really suck if a major event such as a plane crash were to happen and I didn't know about it months in advance. So thanks to TV Squad for making sure that I am not the least bit surprised when watching this show.

...

Fuckers.

October 23 2009 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Nacho's comment
Anne K.

You are SOOOOOO funny!!!

October 24 2009 at 8:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
metz

yeah, I was just there last week and they were starting prep. The reason the debris isn't on the street is because the tours still go through that street.

October 23 2009 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gene

Yup, that's the War of the Worlds crash set. I think it's kind of silly to claim that this is the "first pic" of the Desperate Housewives crash. These are simply pics of that crash set taken from the tram tour.
Take a closer look at the photo: I'd hope that when they actually film on the set they'll spread the debris around a bit more - it would be a magical crash indeed if the plane wreckage fell only on the front yard and somehow avoided the street pavement...

October 23 2009 at 12:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply