December 19, 2014

Update: Eric Braeden coming back to Young and the Restless

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 24th 2009 11:31AM
Eric BraedenActually, I'm not sure he even had time to pack up his stuff at CBS and leave the building, but Eric Braeden is returning to The Young and the Restless.

Allison told you that contract negotiations between Braeden and Sony had come to a standstill. Braeden has been on the show for 30 years and knew that he had to take a pay cut (like everyone in the industry is doing these days), but they couldn't come to terms on what that pay should be, and Braeden felt that Sony had reneged on what they had promised. But it's all in the past now. Braeden will stay with the show.

His last air date was supposed to be next week. On Friday's episode (yes, I've become hooked on the show since Guiding Light ended), he had something important to say, and I think that thing was that he was leaving Genoa City or doing something else that would give him a reason to leave the show. They've probably filmed a couple of weeks worth of episodes already, so we might see Y&R Victor-less for a short time, unless they do some clever editing/reshooting.

Wanita

Amen, on the comments made. Victor Newman is the SHOW. Leave Victor alone and get rid of ADAM. He is blind and his role is portrayed more of a 'sighted' person. Enough! It is time to bring all of Adam's misdeeds to the open. Let Sharon know about her baby and take it from crazy Ashley. How could the writers let a woman have a baby when she could not even feel him moving and then not even have the doctor's check her out, be plot was she did not have time because she had to go see about Victor when he was in the hospital. Please write something more realistic!!!

January 14 2010 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Wanita's comment
Wanita

Oops! I meant 'the plot'

January 14 2010 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sylwal

Yes, make Adam pay for giving Sharon's baby to Ashley. I love the character, Gloria. She spices up the show. Her and Victor should get together. WOW...the fireworks!!!

November 24 2009 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
deborah

Bring Victor back, "Expose Adam" to all the wrong and no good he has done, and tell me for someone that is blind can see, Dr. Taylor makes real Dr's look bad out here in the real world, and Billy running aroung like a very spoil little "Brat" so to sum it up,
1. Adam 2.Ashley 3. Billy Daniel 4. Amber all need to go gone, for the show is becomng very boring, As the

World Turns has more going for them then Y&R right now

November 16 2009 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
m_green_8

I am so happy Victor will be coming back to the Young & the Restless, I certainly would not watch it any more as the show would be dead without him.

We need to get Adam out for good

November 01 2009 at 9:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Happy2Day

Wow I for one am thrilled Victor is staying, I remember his days with his butler, going to the strip club, Victor IS Y&R. Want to save money? get rid of Adam, Ashley, Lilly and Ryder. Yand R wouldn't be Y and R without Victor running the show!! Yeah EB, they should have given you a raise!

October 30 2009 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FAYE

You have just made my day, I'm so excited Eric Braeden is staying, Katherine, Nikki, Victor and Paul are veterans and should always be on the show.
I wish the writers will look at getting rid of some storylines that just aren't necessary. Jeff/Gloria, Adam, Ashley/Abby and please do not take forever revealing the truth about Sharon/Nick'sbaby, the writers are awful, can we replace some of the writers for Y&R.

October 28 2009 at 5:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jean Seaborne

I have read many of the emails relating to Victor possibly leaving. So pleased he is staying, he has been the anchor of the show. We hate to love him.

I agree with "Kathy" We were getting tired of Amber, Gloria, & Billie. They are silly and yes, "Hard to Follow".

I believe that Mac can do better with her role, give her a stronger story, she can do it. Disappointed she went to be with Billie as she started out with high morels.
I have watched Y&R I think 50 years. I remember when (forget the names) the lady with the vale, and one of Paul's sisters played the piano. Also I felt that Y&R had something special when they introduced once in a while a talent. Tracy had a fine voice, is it possible she might sing for us again????

I only watch one soap show, Y&R and will till i can no more. I am age 70.
Keep it up writers you are doing a fine job, just let Amber, Gloria grow up.
Jean

October 27 2009 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruby

I started watching the Y&R from the start. Through the years as jobs changed going from nite jobs to day jobs not being able to watch, But my Mom watch it everyday and would tell me everything that happen each day. I would come in from work and within an hour she'd be on the phone filling me in.The the wonderful invention of the VCR, I haven't missed a day, My Mom and I would still talk everyday we would talk about what happen that day and what we thought was going to happen next. Her fight with cancer (which she lost 22 yrs ago) The show and our daily talks about the show was the highlight of her life, No matter how sick the chemo made her the Y&R for that hour her problems did not exist.
So to all the actor's, Thank You for loving your jobs, Eric you are Victor Newman. Adam, your no Michael Baldwin no way your ever going to be a good guy.

October 25 2009 at 12:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Madeline

Victor must not leave the show. He is the show. He is still so very sexy and at the top of his game. What Y&R need to do is to start uncovering some of Adam's doings... this will definitely spice things up. Victor & Nikki were meant to be. So let them be. Also we need more of the Australian hunk and his wife.

October 24 2009 at 11:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shirley

So glad that he will not be leaving
Wish Diedre Hall from DAYS had the option not to leave