November 23, 2014

Greek: The Wish-Pretzel - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 27th 2009 4:02PM
GreekI don't know why Greek isn't talked about more. It seems to have everything all those other nighttime soaps have: a young cast, quirky characters, hip music. Maybe being on ABC Family means it gets lost in the shuffle.

Last night's episode was actually a Thanksgiving episode (they're a little ahead of things I guess), with Casey and Rusty's parents going off to Maui and stranding them on campus. What did you think?

[Watch clips and episodes of Greek at SlashControl.]

Sam

I loved Monday nights episode. I think Greek is an amazing show; I've always been a sucker for the nighttime soaps but Greek is a way better than most. The writing is amazing and really funny. I really hope it lasts through a 4th season. I'd hate to see the show die because it's on ABC Family.

October 28 2009 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

It was nice to see the Cappy/Casey storyline finally come full circle. I envision more problems with Rusty and Dale and I wouldn't be suprised if Rusty-Dale becomes the next Cappy-Evan.

I wouldn't refer to this show as a nightime soap, unless you'd call any show that isn't a reality show on primetime a 'soap'.

October 28 2009 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Neal

Greek is a great show that is always funny and interesting. ABC Family really has a bunch of great show now that deserve LOTS more attention. I like their lineup more than the parent ABC's! Greek, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and Make it or Break are all fun and enjoyable shows that don't take themselves so seriously.

October 28 2009 at 12:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zach

Yup, the reason it's not talked about more is because it's on ABC Family. Both Greek and Lincoln Heights are great and I was totally surprised that I ended up liking both. They really should be on ABC, they're good enough shows to be on the parent network. Perhaps you guys should start reviewing them. ;)

October 27 2009 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Georgia

this episode filled me with delight

October 27 2009 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Takayo

I missed last night's episode cause of a DVR fritz, but I completely agree that this show needs to be talked about more. But ABC Family just doesn't get much attention in general. I think their biggest hit so far has been Kyle XY or Secret Life of the American Teenager and you still wouldn't know those shows existed if you don't watch the channel.

October 27 2009 at 8:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply