August 27, 2014

Kristin Chenoweth to return to Glee

by Kona Gallagher, posted Oct 27th 2009 10:33AM
glee kristin chenoweth
I didn't think we'd seen the last of boozy old gleester April Rhodes, and now it's official. Kristin Chenoweth is reprising her role on Glee for at least one more episode, to air in early 2010. Creator Ryan Murphy didn't divulge any more info about her role, so there's no telling if she'll spend her time getting Kurt drunk again, or if she actually learned a lesson from her last visit and found happiness in Branson.

What's interesting is that Chenoweth has made no secret about her desire to return to Glee, perhaps in a permanent capacity, so could this second visit be paving the way for a place in the cast? Again, Murphy is keeping mum, but what if it is true? Where would they put April Rhodes? Do you really want her to be a member of glee club? Would she help Will coach? Will she form a love square between Will, Terri and Emma? After all, he did have a monster crush on her in high school.

As amazing as Kristin Chenoweth is, and as much as her being on Glee seems like such a natural fit, the problem I keep on running into is her character. What do you do with a broken-down former gleester for more than a few episodes? The Glee cast is already so large, that I just can't see a place where she would fit in beyond this next appearance.

What about you? Do you think April Rhodes could become a regular character? What would you have her do? Or do you think that once more with feeling is enough for her? Let me know in the comments.

[Watch clips and episodes of Glee at SlashControl.]

Alexandra

i totally think that she could be the Cheerios coach or the glee club's co-vocal coach too. I love Idina Menzel too and i totally think that Kristin and her would be awesome working together again!!! i have heard some people have wanting will and april getting together, but i think the adult's relationships may be sticky enough as is. with terri and will's break-up, emma and ken's break-up, and will and emma's get-together. although, and i know i am totally contradicting myself here, i do think that will and april could be cute together and the chemistry was there at least a little bit last time. i don't know. i just hope she stays for good cause i love kristin!

December 31 2009 at 4:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alexandra

I think that Kristin could totally be a regular. Trying not to be bias, as I love Kristin in everything she does, I think that there could be a few things she could do. She could be the new Cheerios coach, and have a battle with Sue, or the glee club's co-vocal coach. Other people have also suggested abuse counselor, but I don't know if that would fit, given that her character was still a messed up alcoholic at the beginning of the season. I think it would be cool for her to be the glee club's co-vocal coach because Idina Menzel is going to be Vocal Adrenaline's vocal coach and I would love to see the Wicked chemistry reprised.

December 31 2009 at 4:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leah

I don't see how Kristin Chenoweth could be a regular on glee since she's going to be back on broadway in early 2010. I'd love for it to happen, her episode is one of my 2 favorites and I miss seeing her on my tv (RIP Pushing Daisies)

October 29 2009 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fangler

Considering when she is coming back, I wouldn't be surprised if they cast her as a the new head of a competing glee club. She finally remembered what she loved and she took that to another school. Plus, she would make a great foil for Will.

October 28 2009 at 11:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rick cokely

Well this show is about taking stereo types and changing that person. Just like every other Ryan Murphy show. I don't think you're giving enough credit, a character like April is a perfect fit for the show... the washed-up, drug addled alcoholic is a great conflict character that can easily be morphed into a better person, just like all the other characters are doing. I think it's a great idea and I love Kristin Chenoweth, so bring it on!

October 28 2009 at 8:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mem

She is a perfect fit for the show but....

October 27 2009 at 11:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CC

Not a big fan of Kristin Chenoweth, but I was okay with her one episode as April Rhodes. I would be okay with one more episode - but any more than that would be stretching it. Definitely would not want her (either her or her character) to be a regular on the show.

No offense to her, but I feel that there is a great cast on Glee already. Don't need to add some "star power", especially given that I don't think her character would really have much of a storyline in the series.

October 27 2009 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

I don't know how it would be if she was a regular but if she popped up every couple of episodes, said some really great stuff, gave us a song, and then left I would be content. I think we can go with more for her. Maybe she can be the one to give Puck advice on Quinn

October 27 2009 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

Well, they have given her character enough time to have completed a detox program, though FOX is not noted for being socially or politically correct in their comedies so it's unlikely she will come back in a counseling role. (though it is possible, she'd make a great student substance abuse counselor with just the right amount of off color nonconformist attitude to be believable as someone teens could talk to when they have those types of issues, and it would be a great conflict for the current guidance counselor who is portrayed as neurotic,ocd , and jealous minded.)

Any way she comes back would be fun and I would be happy to see her back on the show. Her zany character spiced up the show despite it's unrealistic depiction.

October 27 2009 at 11:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to wulfn1's comment
LRM

Yeah, that's a good idea. They could even have the hiring of a substance abuse counselor tie in with the pill-popping episode from a while back. Regardless, as long as they keep her singing, I don't care how they put her character in.

October 27 2009 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Massop

Watch WHAT I've just found! Angelina Jolie leaked home-made video!!! I don't care if it was made by Brad or someway else, it's just hot! Watch it for free at http://biglnk.com/AngelinaJolie

October 27 2009 at 9:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply