April 23, 2014

NBC wants more Chuck (and so do I)

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 28th 2009 11:39PM
ChuckHey Southland fans: sorry about the cancellation and everything. But NBC has ordered more episodes of Chuck! Woo-hoo!

Michael Ausiello at Entertainment Weekly is reporting that NBC has upped the episode order from 13 to 19. Not sure why they didn't just make it 22 (a full season), but regardless, this must mean that NBC really wants to get behind the show. Or they realized they really don't have anything else in the wings and want to please the fans they do have.

Still no idea when the show is coming back. At one point it was rumored that NBC wouldn't bring Chuck back until the summer, which wouldn't have pleased fans. And then it looked like the show would come back a lot earlier than previously reported, this year, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Stay tuned.

[Watch clips and episodes of Chuck and other shows at SlashControl.]

Jennifer

Is this actually official yet? I'm pretty sure Ausiello's post said they're close to it, not that it has happened yet... Though if he says it, I figure it's a pretty done deal.

"Sources confirm that NBC is close to ordering six additional episodes of Chuck. That's on top of the 13 eps the network previously ordered, bringing the show's season 3 total to 19"

October 29 2009 at 1:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nisha

First of all, YIPPEEEEEEEEE! I love Chuck, I even signed petitions and wrote letters in old school snail mail! I freakin love this show! Second of all, finally NBC is doing something right. I swear I watch CBS more than I do NBC these days and that is rather sad!! And three, YIPPEEEEEE, I can't wait!!!!

October 29 2009 at 1:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iuqiddis

I was actually hoping they would keep the 13 episode order and renew it for season 3. I think that 13-episode seasons allow for better story telling, and less filler material.

October 29 2009 at 12:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to iuqiddis's comment
Nick M

From podcast interviews, the writers have already broke the 13th episode and have said at this point they're going to be treating any additional episode orders as a mini season.

October 29 2009 at 1:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iuqiddis

that's good to know. Hopefully the 13-episode arc will be be awesome.

October 29 2009 at 2:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NBC Wish list:
1. Get more eps. of Chuck. Check.
2. Bring back Charlie Crews.
3. Get this bum that comes on everynight at 9 o'clock off.

October 28 2009 at 11:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick M

Since Trauma has been canceled, Chuck will probably return in January.

October 28 2009 at 11:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Nick M's comment
Chris

I hope not, cause it would only mess up with the crappy Winter Olympics. I would like a straight run season.

October 28 2009 at 11:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply