July 24, 2014

True Blood spoilers for next season

by Brad Trechak, posted Oct 28th 2009 11:37AM
True BloodSome True Blood spoilers have surfaced online in the form of a casting list for next season. Not having read the books, I cannot comment as to whether or not season three of the show is loyally following the third Sookie Stackhouse mystery novel "Club Dead". Historically, the show has remained true to the spirit but has gone in its own directions.

I talked with someone who has read the novels, and it turns out that some of the characters in the casting list don't appear in the books. This includes Sam Merlotte's lost-long brother.

It does give something of a hint as to how next season is going to progress. We know Bill Compton was kidnapped (and since the character is still in the cast list for next season, it's unlikely to have been anything else) and we know that at least three female characters are trying to seduce Jason Stackhouse. Tara is going to start hanging out with some vampires herself and probably still be at odds with her mother (who is befriended by a Reverend Daniels).

Next season is starting to look good; I'm looking forward to it. How about you folks?

JP

Sam Merlotte has a brother and sister. The title of this article scared me at first too, because Godric is supposed to be dead to everyone.. as if meeting the sun. Eric is supposed to be tight lipped about his past until much later in the book series, where he reveals some of his past to Sookie.

November 07 2009 at 7:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brenda

I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED I AM HUNGRY FOR TRUE BLOOD PLUS I BEEN STUFFING MYSELF WITH THE BOOKS HURRY

November 07 2009 at 7:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
L.

It's likely in this case that Ausiello and the other site aren't using exclusive sources as much as casting directors. It's not that much of a scoop if a show is casting characters, because they've got to get actors to play the parts so people are bound to find out. I doubt Ausiello stole it as much as he likely talked to the same casting directors or read the same trade ads.

October 29 2009 at 8:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad Trechak

Thanks for the head's up. I changed the last name in the post.

Joel, I think she's accusing Ausiello of stealing. Not me.

October 28 2009 at 1:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Brad Trechak's comment
Joel Keller

Ah yes. You're right. I dunno... Ausiello has some awfully good sources. I can't imagine he'd steal from another site. That other site might have just gotten the info at the same time Mike did.

October 28 2009 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Drex

That season two finale left me cold, I'm done with the show..

October 28 2009 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

It's Bill COMPTON, not Condon. ;)

True-Blood.net

October 28 2009 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenny

You can see the full casting call that ausiello stole this from here

October 28 2009 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jenny's comment
Joel Keller

What did Brad steal? He links to Ausiello's article in the post.

October 28 2009 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply