July 28, 2014

Goodbye Trauma

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 29th 2009 12:17AM
TraumaYou really can't leave your computer or your TV screen anymore or you'll miss the latest news/cancellation from NBC. The latest? Trauma, the new, heavily-hyped medical drama that had that big splashy pilot with the helicopter and car crashes.

Does this news really surprise anyone though?

It's yet another Monday night casualty on the network. Remember when they paired Heroes with shows like Studio 60 and The Black Donnellys? Journeyman? Not much survives on Monday nights on the network it seems, and I'm not sure if Heroes and Trauma back to back made sense. If there's any good news it that it looks like they'll actually finish showing the shows they have in the can and won't just yank the show completely or just show the remaining episodes online.

This could be yet another reason why NBC wants more episodes of Chuck.

Debby

I really liked the show. I watched it every week. What a disappointment!

January 23 2010 at 10:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evonne

I love Trauma! I cant wait for Monday night so I can watch it. It keeps you on your toes!

November 20 2009 at 1:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ebizmom

i love this show.... why doesn't the network but it on a different night than on Fox Monday... are they crazy... This is a really good show with great characters and good stories. Tired of the dirty cartoon shows, dirty comedy shows and the dancing, fat, wanna-be shows that are so tiresome!.. Put Trauma on another night other than Monday and Thursday and see what happens.

November 16 2009 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chinou

i just watched trauma online and what the writers trumped up as content to fill in the minutes for the show was disgusting.That whole Fat abuse scene on the beach proved just why this show should have been cancelled.people know why their fat!same reason people know why they drink, take drugs, have sex indiscrimanately, are evil to each other and smoke cigarettes.It's a choice.But just because Fat people are an easy mark they created that scene for the "rabbit" character to lose his cool on!I'm offended!Im annoyed!I think people who think this is funny or who adopt this stance are STUPID!STOP IT!!!!!

November 09 2009 at 4:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sss

What do you expect when you're paying for the most expensive new drama- $3-4million per episode and getting a rating just above the toilet bowl?

It had potential, but the writing was bad, the directing mediocre, the editing horrible, the characters unloveable, and the medicine absurd.

They seemed to forget that telling a good story is more important than shock value, special effects, and a choppy style that makes you think more is going on than there really is.

October 30 2009 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JANE

I AGREE IT ONE OF THE BEST SHOW THIS YEAR I DONT WANT ANTHER CRIME SHOW

October 30 2009 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MrC

Somebody forgot to tell the production team because they were shooting a fancy stunt at Washington Square in front of the big catholic church this evening..

October 30 2009 at 2:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kim

I really liked Rabbit and hope I can see him in something else that gets him to shine. Oh well liked the show too but NBC just doesn't get it.

October 29 2009 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

Well, that sucks. Screw NBC, Trauma was a good show & the only one I watch on their pathetic network. I kind of figured they'd do this, but I was hoping I'd be wrong. Oh well, back to CBS.

October 29 2009 at 7:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pamela

NBC is the worse. I liked Trauma. I think there is one show left on the network I watch and that is because they keep canceling good shows. Horrible. Excessively so!

October 29 2009 at 12:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply