October 24, 2014

NBC wants to know how Heroes will end

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 29th 2009 4:35PM
HeroesSources are telling Airlock Alpha that NBC is asking Heroes producers and writers to come up with a finale for the show.

I think we all saw this coming. Ratings for the show have continued to slip since that magical first season, and I think the network (and many fans) have gotten sick of the "this season will be different!" promises.

Actually, I think the show has been good this season. Oh, the first couple of episodes meandered and were rather frustrating (Hiro time traveling again? Sylar wandering around again? Matt seeing visions?), but since they've shown how Samuel is involved in the Claire plotline and in the HRG plotline and Zachary Quinto is back full time, it has come together more.

This could be a good thing. When Lost was given a definite end date it freed the writers to actually have a concrete plan for how the show would progress. I really can't imagine several more seasons of Heroes being anything but disappointing.

Maybe some TV shows just aren't meant to run for 9 years.

[Watch clips and episodes of Heroes and other shows at SlashControl.]

kayley

i love heroes and if the axe it ill be annoyed and deverstaed im as match as a heroes furnatic as i love twilight i love heroes more then twilight and i once stayed up to midnight to watch it her in australia and ive just heared that channel 7 in australia were i live has axed the show so now i have to resourt to the internet plz dont axe the show ooh and i really hope peter ptrellie get his full original powers back instead of this really silly and a bet annoyne power he has now cause i dont like the fact he can only pick up on power at a time i think its silly and a lot of other heroes loveres a with me there KEEP HEROES ON AIR AND GIVE PETER HIS ORIGINAL POWER BACK INSTEAD OF THIS STUIPED ONLY ONE POWER AT A TIME ON IT SUCKS ( BUT I LOVE HEROES AND IF YOU AXE IT ILL CAME TO AMIRICA AND EGG YOUR STUIDO OR SOMTHING probly not but still im begging you keep it cause theres a lote of people in twonsville australia that love the show its just cause 7 puts it on to late at night and because the put it on on a weeknight ive stayed up to midnight and had a test the next day just to watch heroes and i got a c for it but enyway keep heroes on plz dont be like channel 7 and axe it plz i like no love it plzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplz keep heroes on air

yours hopfully
kayley

December 03 2009 at 1:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joshua

i have to admit after peter lost his powers i was very disappointed. I mean after all in the later ep when he got time travel back, he could of stopped himself from hugging his dad, if it where real life, but of course that would of changed everything even if it would of been the smart thing to do. But any show with superheroes or normal people getting powers, its just awesome and i love it, keep the show going as long as it can. But I do think this will be the last i hope they make it good.

November 01 2009 at 5:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leslie

I think there's one key problem here though: Damon and Carlton always knew where Lost was headed. Even when it took its sweet time getting there (and there were a few missteps along the way--ahem, Nikki and Paolo), they at least still were going somewhere.
On the other hand, Heroes hasn't felt like it was actually going somewhere for, well, I can't remember when the last time was that it actually felt like it was headed toward some greater end. I don't feel like the Heroes writers know their end point--which is probably why NBC is asking about it--so I don't think that knowing WHEN it's going to end would help the way that it did on Lost...

October 31 2009 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Courtney

I read the words, "...and Zachary Quinto is back full time, it has come together more" and immediately decided not to watch. I'm so sick of Sylar.

October 30 2009 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ashe

remember its about how much heroes can sell their commerical spots for, if they can get high demand and money, they will keep heroes, if no ones wants to advertise during heroes, then they will close down shop. I think the story is picking up steam and getting better, but its slow going, i hope they can keep the momentum up and not lose steam towards the end like they did the all the previous seasons.

October 29 2009 at 11:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jffm

Airlock Alpha. I've never heard of them, so don't know them from Adam. Do they have any kind of reliable track record?

Stories with unnamed sources just about always nudge the needle on my BS meter. And three negative Heroes stories on their front page bump it just a bit further.

Not that the story is implausible, but I'm wondering, just a little, if this could be a site trying to create its own "scoop" by trying to read the tea leaves and stirring the pot a little with a flashy story or two with "sources" that are closer to smoke and mirrors than anything else.

But this is the kind of story that I'd imagine the Heroes camp can't not respond to, so time will tell, I guess.

October 29 2009 at 7:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scott

yeah, that first season went out with a whimper instead of a bang, and it's just never recovered.

October 29 2009 at 6:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LRM

I think it's time to take this show out behind the shed.

October 29 2009 at 5:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to LRM's comment
Frantic Monkey

I think that point was reached after the almighty letdown of the 1st season finale. And to think that people were saying during that first season that Heroes was better than Lost.

October 29 2009 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MCW

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think all trillion-character shows like Heroes should end in a theater-released film (Prison Break: The Final Break wasn't theater released, I'll give you that, but it was the rare exception that was actually an excellent ending to a series).

If I had a say, I'd bring everyone back for the film (because no one ever really dies on Heroes... they just go away for a dozen episodes).

I'm okay with this being the final season, if it really is, and they aren't just pulling a "Saw" on us... just as long as they have a grand-scale plan like the Lost writers claim to have.

October 29 2009 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply