October 20, 2014

What the heck is this?

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 2nd 2009 3:35PM
Six Million Dollar Man

This is the game where we show you a picture from something TV-related and you have to guess what the heck it is.

The picture above is from the opening of a TV show from many years ago. Answer later tonight!

Bob Sassone

Uh, you do realize that I added the picture credit and the tags *after* the contest was over, right? Everything was blank when I posted it.

November 03 2009 at 10:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan Olsen

I don't know where it is but the fact that the picture's caption when you hover over it says "Six Million Dollar Man" I am going to go with that.

November 03 2009 at 12:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
buckeyenut

that is so the Six Million Dollar Man opening. it is so obvious. I wish they would release that & the Bionic Woman on dvd!!

November 02 2009 at 11:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

Isn't it kinda funny that nowadays, a six million dollar hospital bill would be on the high-end of routine? Even adjusting for inflation, it's still quite amazing.

November 02 2009 at 9:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mpeg

silly ... if you view the source of this page, it clearly shows the ALT tag for the image as "Six Million Dollar Man"

November 02 2009 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Hmmm...not sure. But I think bionics is a real word away from The Six Million Dollar Man.

November 02 2009 at 6:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bob Sassone's comment
Donna

Yes, "bionic" is simply a word, derived from "bio + electronic" -- should be in any dictionary. "Bionics" is merely the plural form. Universal couldn't claim that word any more than it could claim the word "cat."

November 02 2009 at 10:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Answer: yup, you folks got it right. It's from the opening of The Six Million Dollar Man.

November 02 2009 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bob Sassone's comment
PB

Bob, here's a stupid question. Do you know how Lee Majors is able to use the word bionic in those hearing aid commercials. I thought that word was the property of Universal.

November 02 2009 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rex from Ars

Yep - "The Six Million Dollar Man"

November 02 2009 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe Siegler

At first glance I thought it was the 1996 Doctor Who TV movie, but then I realized it wasn't nearly as "techie" as that scene was.

November 02 2009 at 5:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J 2 The B

Six Million Dollar Man.

No doubt about it.

"We can rebuild him, we have the technology."

November 02 2009 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply