September 3, 2014

Gordon Ramsay cooks up new show

by Allison Waldman, posted Nov 3rd 2009 4:02PM
gordon_ramsay_foxFox's master foodie is at it again. Gordon Ramsay has conjured up a new show called MasterChef, only it's not really his idea. See, it's already been done in England and Australia, but Gordon will put his spin on this show. So for all intents and purposes, it's another Gordon Ramsay project. (Like the Alan Parsons Project without Alan Parsons and a small 'p').

In MasterChef, amateur chefs will compete to master the perfect dish. These will be everyday people, not sous chefs or short order cooks, but backyard grillers and homemakers who have a specialty at which they excel. Sounds to me a bit like the Food Network Challenge shows in which people try to make the best chili or the definitive hamburger.

The details of the show are still be determined, but the Aussie version of MasterChef seems to be the one they're most interested in re-creating. That means a team of three judges, contestants working in teams as well as individual challenges.

Fox has ordered 12-15 episodes, and they will rotate MasterChef with the other Ramsay shows, Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen.

With Ramsay involved, I think we can expect the usually yelling and swearing, but also more high end dishes. Gordon's usually all about fine dining, not waffles and hamburgers. However, on the BBC America The F Word, he has a segment where he brings amateurs into the kitchen and teaches them how to make dishes good enough for serving to the public. He yells at them and pushes them and doesn't lower his standards. I expect we'll see the same Gordon on MasterChef.

SANDY

I HATE WHEN HE CALLS FEMALE CHEFS..COW

November 29 2009 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben

MasterChief sounds like it's going to be a pretty good show I like anything with Gordon Ramsey. I would like American Version of The F Word.

November 08 2009 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
argus

What I wished Mr. Ramsay did was bring The F Word to America with an American version. That would be better than his Kitchen Nightmares series.

November 08 2009 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rhettopham

WE LOVE LOVE LOVE GORDON RAMSAY!!!!

Good luck to my favorite T.V. Chef. All that is missing from the Article is how to apply to get on the show. I'd give my right nut to work alongside Ramsay, even if it is for one short day!!!!!

Now stop blogging and get back to work, you Donkeys!!!!

November 08 2009 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PEPPA

HOPE IT'S A SUCCESS ;0))
OUR FAMILY LOVES GORDON...... HIS FOUL MOUTH IS HYSTERICAL !
THAT BEING SAID.... WE WILL ALWAYS TUNE IN TO HIS SHOWS, > NO MATTER WHAT.
HE IS A MASTER CHEF, WHO REALLY KNOWS THE INS AND OUTS OF EVERYTHING FOOD RELATED.
>>>> SEE YA ON THE TUBE < BEST WISHES

November 08 2009 at 8:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scharabo

Saw somewhere Gordon won't do another season of Kitchen Nightmares. Basically said when the restaurants fail afterwards (and about 2/3rds of them do) he get letters from attorneys. When they succeed he doesn't get any credit. He filmed at least two seasons in the U.S. but I only see the show from the first one being replayed.

A potential show is Gordon pitted against some of the foremost chefs in the world. We'd get to see just how good of a chef he really is. One The F-Word he seems to lose about 1/4 of his one-on-one challenges.

November 08 2009 at 6:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to scharabo's comment
Fairey

I don't know where you heard that but it's not true. Gordon's new season is actually starting this Wed.at 8pm...can't wait!

November 29 2009 at 7:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dDub

i was wondering when a version of MasterChef would come to the States. Big fan of both the BBC amateur and celeb versions as well as the Aussies ones as well. I especially like the idea of following closer to the Aussralian version since the 1st season was outstanding and can't wait for the second.

I just hope FOX doesn't overproduce it like they did with their version of Hell's Kitchen, but hell it's FOX and i've enjoyed it so far. The thing is though, in all the iterations of Masterchef so far, there is really no yelling by any of the judges since there is not really any chance to do so. The few times the contestants enter a real kitchen environment they're under the chefs of that restaurant, not the judges. That said, FOX with find a way to get Gorden yelling somehow. I just hope we get to see the lighter side of him since he is also enjoyable that way as well, like on the F Word. Can't wait to watch the 5th season premiere of that show from today in a few btw :p

November 04 2009 at 1:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

Wait, isn't there already a show like that? Or at least I know that on the Food Network, TLC, etc. that a show exists which pits amateur everyday chefs against each other in order to recreate their own favorite recipes Iron-Chef style for a team of three judges.

November 03 2009 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kikstad

I love Hell's Kitchen. Hope he's not stretching himself too thin.

November 03 2009 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply