October 21, 2014

A clip from the new Doctor Who CGI

by Brad Trechak, posted Nov 5th 2009 8:30AM
Doctor WhoSomeone on YouTube has smuggled a clip of the new Doctor Who CGI adventure that the BBC will be airing later this year titled "Dreamland". It's still the David Tennant version of the Doctor, so he gets one more go as the character before he becomes Rex.

And it looks... well, frankly, not that good. Oh, the story is great, I'm sure, and Tennant is as spot on as the Doctor as he ever was. It's the CGI. It looks primitive by today's standards. Topless Robot wrote the the style of the clip reminds them of the Reboot CGI cartoon from the 90's, and I have to agree. I recognize the BBC isn't Pixar, and I'm all for Doctor Who in other non-filmed forms, whether it's CGI, primitive animation or just plain old audio adventures. But if it's done, I'd rather it be done better than this.

However, I leave it to you to judge for yourself. What do you think of the clip?

Love film

I like this film and have a blog about this here http://doctorwhoseries.blogspot.com/

November 15 2009 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JessicaL

I almost don't really care at how primitive it does look. The story seems fun and I would watch anything with David's Doctor, which he is once again knocking out of the park.

November 06 2009 at 12:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachel

Yep, pretty bad, but anything David Tennant does I should be up for, right? And was that other guy voiced by Nathan Fillion?? Really?? If so, why couldn't they do a live action with the two of them, it would be brilliant!!!

November 05 2009 at 11:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

I'd been hearing around that the art for this was awful, but this is the first time I've seen it for myself. Yeah, it bites. However, the story looks on the interesting side, so if it's cheap enough I'll prolly pick up a copy.

November 05 2009 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Creep

Poorly animated.

November 05 2009 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gonnabechef

Really awful, yes. But at least Tennant isn't phoning it in. I'd still watch it.

November 05 2009 at 11:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
a jug of Clorox

Dealbreaker! Shut it down.

November 05 2009 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply