November 20, 2014

More poetry: Kristen Wiig reads the words of Suzanne Somers

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 5th 2009 4:33PM
Don't let anyone tell you that you can't get culture and literature from TV Squad. This is the second post about poetry today. (Tomorrow: e.e. cummings.)

I saw Suzanne Somers on Rachael Ray this morning, and then I go to Best Week Ever and see video of SNL's Kristen Wiig reading excerpts from Somers' book of poetry! Unlike the post link above, these words really are from Somers.

Jeremy J

I love this. Kristen Wiig is so funny. But with this skit what can you say the comedy writes itself. I can't believe Suzanne Somers got published.

December 19 2011 at 4:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

Sarah Palin's poetry is funnier lol.

November 08 2009 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carol

My least favorite SNL (I hesitate to say personality) is Wiig. I haven't liked anything I've seen her do. To each his/her own. That my opinion - and that's why I don't watch her skits, and that's why I didn't watch this one.

November 08 2009 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris

Suzanne Sommers is a silly and credulous woman who buys into the "new age" nonsense that has been around for decades and from which most of us has evolved away from as we grew older and wiser. This ridiculous collection of poems is more a bunch of childish ramblings that make no sense to anyone but her.

November 08 2009 at 12:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bran

For those of you who didn't like this, you cannot hide the truth behind your distaste. The truth is that you are as stupid as Suzanne Somers, and thus you feel uncomfortable when someone makes fun of the level of intelligence that you and Suzanne share. It's uncomfortable, it's painful. You have paranoid thoughts now..."Oh no! Are there really people making fun of my level of stupidity all the time?" The answer is yes, dum-dums. We're all laughing at you. Judging you. Ridiculing you. Mocking you. All the time. The laughter we get from how stupid you are almost makes up for the fact that you're allowed to vote.

November 08 2009 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
getoverit

People actually aren't getting upset on here about this are we? Like anyone actually cares about Suzanne (freaking) Sommers. If anyone cared so much she would still have a career. I think u guys just like to come on here and criticize. If it was Suzanne reading about someone you guys would be upset with her. As a matter of fact you probably did criticize her when she came out and said what she did about Patrick Swayze so Get over it and go read a book or take a walk outside.

November 08 2009 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clare Daneis

I can't believe people were laughing after the first sentence, in fact, I didn't find this funny at all.

November 08 2009 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIKE ZVIRBLIS

THE TROUBLE WITH SNL IS THAT THEY HAVE TO IMITATE OR POKE FUN OF CELEBRITIES ALL THE TIME! CATCH ANY SKIT IN PROGRESS AND IT JUST DONT MAKE SENSE. WRITE SKITS! COMEDY! WRITE WRITE WRITE GOD SAKES!

November 08 2009 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phyllis Kunz

Suzanne Somers is goregous and
alive. Farrah Fawcett is in her grave.
And once you are dead, all bets are
off.
Phyllis Kunz

November 08 2009 at 10:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Phyllis Kunz's comment
Laura

What?

November 08 2009 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

I thought this was hilarious, although the sound wasn't quite loud enough. I turned up all the volume controls I could find and still missed alot of the skit.

I don't care if it is dated; funny is funny.

November 08 2009 at 10:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Laura's comment
Gary

You thought it was hilarious because you are "CLASS-LESS", and also stupid. There is no reason in the world to put somedown like that. Shame on you!

November 08 2009 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply