October 31, 2014

Fear this: Dan Aykroyd as Yogi Bear

by Brad Trechak, posted Nov 6th 2009 11:04AM
Yogi Bear and friendsI could make another joke about how Hollywood is out of ideas, but why bother? However, as further proof of the concept, a live-action/CGI Yogi Bear movie is in the works based on the Hanna-Barbera cartoon from way back when. Dan Aykroyd will be lending his voice for Yogi and Justin Timberlake will be the voice of Boo Boo. Did anyone else just feel a cold shiver down their spine?

Anna Faris will also be in the movie as a documentary filmmaker. I like Anna Faris even when she's in crap movies, but I don't think her presence is going to make me like this one.

I'm sorry to say that this movie will likely do well and the kids will eat up. Look at Hollywood's history of similar movies (most of which have actually spawned sequels): The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, Garfield, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Scooby Doo ... the list goes on.

So what do you think of this idea?

Henry

there has not been any REAL original writting in hollywood for quite some time now, everything is a remake of classics with updated special effects using over rated actors who are just faces of the month.......now cartoons are the latest victim....HEY HOLLYWOOD! .......GET BENT!!!!

November 09 2009 at 7:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John F.C. Taylor

Combined CGI/live action? For once the article is correct. It hasn't worked before and I doubt it'll work this time. Might just be interesting enough to watch once it makes it way to TV, but not enough to pay to see it.

November 09 2009 at 6:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Yet another bit of my childhood that will be strip mined and cheapened with bad computer animation. All it needs is a PC "volunteer and save the earth" message. Of course, Yogi had better make sure he's getting a balanced diet from those picnic baskets he is stealing, er ah - saved or created...

November 06 2009 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mjrink903

Please tell me this is a joke.

November 06 2009 at 4:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ted

Why does this matter who's in it. They're just using their damn voices, you're not going to see them.
If the script is good, the movie will be good. Regardless of who's voicing the characters.

November 06 2009 at 4:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

November 06 2009 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply