September 17, 2014

Curb Your Enthusiasm will be on TV Guide and TV Land

by Brad Trechak, posted Nov 9th 2009 9:33AM
Curb Your EnthusiasmCurb Your Enthusiasm reruns are coming to basic cable. First they will be shown on the TV Guide Channel next year (doesn't everybody get that channel? I thought it was just a guide to what's on television. They have shows?) and then TV Land in 2013. Any event that brings Larry David's sense of humor to the masses can only be a good thing (Who had the idea for the humor in awkward situations first, Larry or Ricky Gervais?).

Mind you, the show's language is somewhat racy for basic cable. There will be some bleeping here and there. At least there's no prevalent nudity in any episode that I recall. There is some adult subject matter, but nothing basic cable hasn't seen before. Hey, if The Sopranos can make it to basic cable then Larry David should have no problem.

Given Susie Essman's vocabulary on the series, she may have every third word bleeped. That could possibly make her lines even funnier.

MiMom

I liked Jerry Seinfeld's standup and so was always puzzled as to why I didn't like Seinfeld - the show - until I watched two episodes of Curb when it first came out - instantly I had my answer. I do not find Larry David funny at all.

November 10 2009 at 2:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim coster

When I heard that Larry David's idea of humor was urinating on a picture of Jesus... that did it for me. If that's the best Mr. David can do then he obviously has no comedic brain cells left. I have seen Jerry Seinfeld twice live and he still has class as an entertainer. While his current stand-up act does have a little adult humor along with some adult language, all in all, he knows where to draw correct lines of taste and how not to be offensive. Larry David is obviously now struggling as a writer. I hope his show is short lived.
jim coster, pittsburgh, pa

November 10 2009 at 1:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jim coster's comment
danny

There was no urinating on the picture of JC! Get your facts straight before you make yourself look like a jackass.

November 10 2009 at 3:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ellie

I hate this show

November 10 2009 at 12:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franzman

I think the show is similar to many productions: Hilarious at its peak, and good watchin'. If ya don't get it, watch The Office. Let's all stop being soooooo opinionated

November 09 2009 at 11:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich

A few of you remind me of my beloved aunt.

November 09 2009 at 10:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Grey Elk

I do not understand why this is considered comedey. Dishonoring everything that is good. This is not funny. This is mean. If this is what the land has come to in supporting this kind of so-called story telling, we need a medicine man to come and fix this show right now.

November 09 2009 at 8:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
billybalut

I love to laugh and be entertained by comedy shows but this show and this guy are not funny. 30 minutes of a ranting moron is not my idea of a show for HBO or anyone else.

November 09 2009 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FreedomRingo

I'm really not interested. I enjoyed his writing on the old Fridays show, and on Seinfeld, but in recent years Larry David (and his wife) have proven themselves to be nothing but leftist elitists, and I won't support his work. Actually, there's very little that interests me on TVLand anymore, with the exception of the Andy Griffith Show and a couple of others. Their incessant playing of things like Roseanne and MASH have made the network all but unwatchable.

November 09 2009 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to FreedomRingo's comment
watdafuk

And this turd is not going to help any.

November 09 2009 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jamie

What is it with some of you that EVERYTHING has to be about politics? If you like him watch,if you don't, then don't watch. It's that simple. If I see an ad for a film with Tom Cruise or John Travolta that looks interesting,I'll go see it. I personally think Scientology is utter nonsense,but
I don't give a damn what they believe in their personal lives ,as long as they do what they're paid to do(act) and do it well.

November 10 2009 at 12:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LINDA

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO TV LAND? IT USE TO BE THE IDEAL FAMILY STATION. NOW YOU HAVE ALL THESE SHOWS ON THAT ALL OTHER STATIONS HAVE ON THAT ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN. I GUESS WE WILL HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER STATION LIKE THE HALLMARK CHANNEL.

November 09 2009 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIKE ZVIRBLIS

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INTEREST IN ANY TELEVISION SHOW, THAT HASNT BEEN ON TV IN YEARS ANYMORE?

November 09 2009 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply