April 19, 2014

The Simpsons scavenger hunt starts tonight

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 9th 2009 7:28PM
The Simpsons As you know, we're in the middle of the 20th anniversary of FOX's The Simpsons, and the network has a special contest that actually starts during tonight's episode of House.

It's a scavenger hunt, and here's how it works. During this entire week (November 9-13) the network will scatter references to the show throughout their lineup. And this isn't something that will show up in just a few shows here and there, you're going to find a reference to The Simpsons in every FOX prime time show.

So... will this actually make you watch FOX shows that you wouldn't ordinarily watch or are you just not that level of Simpsons fan? I can't imagine watching, say, So You Think You Can Dance or Lie To Me just because I want to possibly win a prize at the FOX web site, but I bet it will be great for people who watch FOX shows on a regular basis.

[Watch clips and episodes of The Simpsons and other shows on SlashControl.]

Rory Stokes

Lie to Me (Casino Murder episode) was shown in Ireland last night. The hotel bar was Moe's, one of the poker players was from Springfield & another from Evergreen & the guy that was murdered was called Abe. & The main character Cal said "this is not a sideshow", Bob to a guy called Bob!

December 04 2009 at 11:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Punchdrunkbrian

I end up watching lie to me every week because monday night is a weak TV night, but I only pay half attention, so I didn't get the reference. Now I wish I'd been paying attention

November 10 2009 at 2:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
charleswheeler

ooopps. Make that 20th year. And, of course, the 80s party.

November 10 2009 at 2:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
charleswheeler

"It's my 25th year" - House

November 10 2009 at 2:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vickie

patty and selma

November 09 2009 at 8:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to vickie's comment
tingrin87

that actually had me laughing out loud... the "because they're always smoking" line.

November 10 2009 at 12:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Cook is my Idol!

I'm a huge Simpsons fan, but I'm not bothering with this one.

November 09 2009 at 8:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply