October 26, 2014

Goodbye Eastwick (and hello The Forgotten, for now)

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 10th 2009 12:01AM
Eastwick
I don't want to say that I'm psychic or anything (I'm not, though I can bend spoons), but I had a feeling that Eastwick wouldn't last beyond one season after I saw the new shows at the ABC upfront. I don't know why or how I thought that, probably a combination of the plot, the time slot, the network it was on, and how programming on the networks is these days, but I just didn't think it would last.

And now it looks like it won't. ABC has declined to order more episodes of the series. This isn't an official "cancellation" but it's a very bad sign for the show.

There's more news coming from ABC too, and this is actually surprising: they've ordered 5 more episodes of The Forgotten. That's a show I thought would be gone quick too. It still could be, since ratings aren't great (though better than Eastwick's) and it hasn't exactly been critically-acclaimed.

Andria

I really like Eastwick and watch it every week. Please keep it going!!!

January 10 2010 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bev

BRING BACK EASTWICK!! It is very entertaining! And, now we will NEVER know what happened!

January 10 2010 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LaMicah James

First it was the unusauls, then it was the eleventh hour, and now eastwick ABC makes me so mad they cancel all of the shows I really get into and I want to know what happens next.

January 08 2010 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SIN

I WISH THEY WOULD SAVE THIS SHOW. I WATCHED IT EVERY WED. iT WAS A GREAT SHOW.

January 07 2010 at 1:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynn Blankinship

sigh the pettition to save Eastwick Please!!!!!!!!!!! Great show!!!!!!!

Does anyone know the name of the song at the end of the last abc aired show, It was a female singer but cant find the song????

January 03 2010 at 12:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nichelle

I really don't know what ABC's problem is, but I am finding that they are just sucking......I mean they keep the less interesting shows and kill the 'keep you guess ones' that have awesome plot. Sigh.

December 22 2009 at 1:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kat

I watched this show, Eastwick, every week and really like it. I am very disappointed to hear that it has been cancelled and hope the network changes their mind. I love the actors and story lines. It's one of those shows I've been into from the very beginning and the hour flies by when it's on. Please don't cancel Eastwick, ABC. It's a terrific show!

December 17 2009 at 11:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARK

I REALLY HOPE ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO WATCHED EASTWICK WILL EMAIL THE WB.COM AND ASK THEM TO PICK UP EASTWICK, BRING IT BACK. I REALLY THINK THEY COULD SAVE THIS SHOW AND REALLY BELIEVE IT BELONGS THERE OR TNT!!!!!

November 20 2009 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply