August 20, 2014

What are the odds your favorite (or least favorite) show will be canceled?

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 10th 2009 2:30PM
HankA couple of weeks ago, I did a post about the shows that were "on the bubble," the ones in danger of being canceled. Now AOL TV has given the odds on what shows might not be coming back.

A lot of shows on the list won't surprise us: Hank, The Forgotten, Numb3rs, Gary Unmarried, and 'Til Death (each either gets low ratings or has been on for a while), but there are several that I think will actually make it to a another season, including The Good Wife and Parks and Recreation.

The Good Wife is a drama that CBS is going to want to get behind and Parks and Recreation has improved enough where I think NBC will stick with it for a while. CBS' Cold Case is probably in its last season since it was a big surprise that it survived last season.

Which of these shows would you like to see come back for another season? (Note: this AOL list was written before ABC announced that they weren't going to add any more episodes to Eastwick.)

Jake G

Heroes is dead. Kill it off and try something better... maybe more Chuck!

November 11 2009 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

'Til Death is better now that they got rid of Kenny.

November 11 2009 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SHANNON

Parks and Rec has gotten better and better this season. Hopefully NBC will look at it the way it did the Office--a small group of cult followers is better than no veiwers at all ::cough, cough JAY LENO::
And Castle is great! the cases of the week aren't anything to write home about, but they are a great stage for excellent writing and acting. It's also one of the few shows to have really good secondary and tertiary characters in Castle's family and the other cops. And, seriously, Nathan Fillion is a god...

November 11 2009 at 8:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nadia

I love Cold Case and have been enjoying all the seasons. I hope it stays on the air but I know it's more than likely it won't. It had a good run though. Gonna miss it :(

November 11 2009 at 1:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aj

I am really starting to like Parks & Rec. Didn't like it at all the first few episodes, but man Ron Swanson is one funny character!

November 10 2009 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Claire

I want Dollhouse to live but realize it probably won't. It's not exactly the easiest show to understand.

I want Castle to live if only because I want Nathan Fillion working...he deserves a successful, long-running show. Plus...I like knowing I can switch on the tv and see him being charming every now and then.

November 10 2009 at 9:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nisha

I am so tired of becoming invested in shows only to tune in one week and it has dissappeared. That said, I hope to see "The Forgotten" and "The Middle" stay!

November 10 2009 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James22

I really wanted to like Hank...I'm a huge fan of Frasier, but the show really isn't that good and I've stopped watching it. I don't see the show making it till the end of the season.

November 10 2009 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard

Hank is not good. The Forgotten is too slow for most people, but is interesting & I like Christian Slater, but is not good enough to stay. Gary Unmarried I have not watched. The Middle is really funny, especially if you're a parent. I've heard nothing but bad about Cougar Town. Parks & Recreation was so bad in the beginning I can't bring myself to even try again. Unfortunately, Numb3rs has run its course. 'Til Death shouldn't have made it to this season! The Good Wife is excellent TV--so will probably be canceled at some point. Also, I really like Flash Forward! And, I hate to bring it up, but Heroes has gone down the toilet. They've had every opportunity to do a really good show and keep blowing it.

November 10 2009 at 3:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Richard's comment
Hank

Hey! :(

November 10 2009 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
am_hollitz

1) Gary Unmarried, New Adventures of Old Christine, and The Middle are good for a cheap laugh. Problem is the field is swamped with cheap, good laughs. I wouldn't havebet on Cougar Town though. I would have thout it'd be cancelled after 6 episodes.

2) And if Bones can make it this long, I'm pretty sure Castle will survive; they're essentially the same show.

3) I'm kind of surprised they're no talk of cancelling NCIS: Los Angeles, I didn't think it was doing very well.

4) "V" will be gone by 13 episodes; I'll bet.

November 10 2009 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply