Who will die? Check out James Franco's General Hospital promo

by Allison Waldman, posted Nov 11th 2009 6:02PM
franco_general_hospitalThe James Franco experiment has begun on General Hospital. Actually, we have now learned that the movie actor, best known for Spider-Man and Milk and The Pineapple Express, has decided to do a two-month guest role on the ABC soap opera as part of a project he's doing with a filmmaker named Carter.

Franco and Carter are making a documentary called Erased James Franco. His guest turn on 30 Rock may also be part of the movie. Nobody knows for certain.

One thing I do know for certain is that ABC is taking Franco's appearance on GH very seriously. They're working around his schedule, giving him a strangely interesting character to play, and promoting it like mad.

In fact, American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert's recording of "Mad World" is used in the commercials. Check it out:

From the look of the promo, someone is going to die. Who? Maxie? Maybe. Sonny and Jason. Doubtful. There'll be a lot of characters in danger, but who's going to get it? Who do you think?

Franco's character is even named Franco. He's an artist and has a showing in a gallery, but there's something else going on beneath the surface. He has an ulterior motive which may or may not mean that he's the person stalking Jason.

They've been suggesting that's the case, but it seems too obvious to me. I'm still holding on to the theory that he's connected to the Cassadines, which makes more sense than a connection to Alcazar. The last serial killer was linked to Luis Alcazar.

Franco's first airdate is November 20.

Betty

All My Children: How bout we let David find out the joke's on him and that he really is dying and JR is ok. The girl that plays Marissa has no chemistry with JR and I think you need to find someone new to play the part. I hate Greenlee! How many times are you going to let her walk off and on? The only time I liked her was when someone else played the part! She's not that good! Please let her croak and stay dead this time! Why does Jake acts like he's playing the part of a drunk. I think Amanda and JR were hot together hint,hint. Erica and Ryan?omg! That's disgusting to take your daughter's ex to bed. Let Annie kill Adam and run away with Scott and get hit by a freight train on their way out of town.lol. Love Zac & Kendall together with their boys...let them be happy!! I wish Crystal, Tad and Jake would go to FL with Joe & Ruth! Boring people! Tad and Jake "try" to be funny and it ain't working! Palmer...love you dude! Palmer & Opal need to be together again! Give Adam hell and take JR under your wing and love him like his sorry daddy never did!! cut Adam right out.

January 07 2010 at 2:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Betty

If you guys don't fire the idiot that writes these stupid and unbelievable storylines...Come on, Mitch again? I am almost ready to click off on that one!! You have ruined the show! There is nothing left but Mitch, kid love stories and gay storylines. There is only one good thing...Tea' and Todd. Blair should go away and take all the "Kramer women" with her and leave Todd alone, that BS has run it's course. Mitch makes me sick, I hate to even watch when he is on, so Kill him off FOR GOOD...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! I could write better storylines than this guy! PITIFUL, he is destroying the show. I guess he'll make Rex like Mitch too. Shane treats GiGi like dirt because of Rex...Like he's done no wrong. I wish Mitch would take Stacey straight to hell with him (and don't forget Clint and his bimbo) Stop bringing back old characters!! Time to clean house...starting with your BORING writer!

January 07 2010 at 1:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Betty

Who should die on GH? KATE, Lisa, Jax, Alexis, Mac, Kristina's abusive boyfriend, Johnny and his cougar. Boring! Put Nic & Elizabeth together! Don't like Sonny too much these days, very unbelievable as mobster anymore...takes too much crap, needs to kick some ass starting with old man zachara! Also stop chasing Olivia around. Let him have Carly. Let Sam & Jason be happy and let him be a father to Jake! Spinelli should dump Maxie for his computer geek girl, fix her up and bring her back and put Maxie to shame!

January 07 2010 at 12:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Casper

I think its probably the bartender guy with the moustache that dies or the limo driver. It will be done by Professor Plum with a wrench in the library.

January 06 2010 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason C.

That's not Adam Lambert's recording of Mad World, it's the Gary Jules version that he covered for AI.

November 12 2009 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jaerisk

This is just awesome, my money is on Kate dying because, well who would care really?

November 11 2009 at 11:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply