November 22, 2014

For All My Children's 40th anniversary, Julia Barr and more will be back

by Allison Waldman, posted Nov 13th 2009 9:02AM
julia_barr_all_my_childrenThere's reason to be hopeful about All My Children's move to Hollywood. Oh, yes, Thorsten Kaye has decided not to go -- bye, bye Zach -- but there's a list of stars lining up for the anniversary that's pretty spectacular.

In honor of All My Children's 40th Anniversary, Julia Barr is coming back as Brooke English. Also slated to appear are a bunch of other former AMC stars, including Eva LaRue, Taylor Miller, Laurence Lau, Eden Riegel, Leven Rambin and the previously announced Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos.

Julia's return is a big get because she was such big part of the soap for so long. The two-time Emmy winner was on AMC from 1976 to her exit in 2006. This anniversary show will be a chance for fans to hear what Brooke -- Erica's rival for all those years -- has been up to.

Next in line is Eva LaRue. She's become a prime time star with CSI: Miami. She did two stints with AMC as Dr. Maria Santos Grey.

Laurence Lau's return as Greg Nelson is a major nostalgic fix for longtime fans. He was "the man" when the hot love story was Greg and Jenny. That was the early 1980's. Lau's been back before for a quick visit, but if they could get Kim Delaney to come back as Jenny's ghost, that might be a sweet draw. And you know, Kim's probably not filming Army Wives now...

Taylor Miller will reprise her role as Nina Cortlandt Warner. She was a main character tied up with Dr. Cliff Warner. Their love story actually had a happy ending. They married for a fourth time and moved to Denver. Taylor's return will be sans Cliff, unless there's a way that Peter Bergman can get released from The Young & the Restless for a day. Ummm ... not likely.

Eden and Leven haven't been gone from AMC for nearly as long, so their coming back isn't as dramatic, but welcomed just the same.

Seems to me that January 5th will be a day to watch All My Children!

Teresa Curd

I've been watching AMC from the beginning. I don't like all these negative comments. I do agree with some of them but it doesn't make me want to stop watching. I am a loyal fan and will continue to be.

December 29 2009 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JoeDiver

AMC has been a great show for many years. I'm sure all of them get bogged down for a period every now and then. I remember back when Phil went to Vietnam. The saddest part of the show has always been when Jenny died, and Greg loved her so . . . sure do miss Dixie too. I thought when Opal left that you just could not replace the likes of her. Well, they did better than I could have expected.

November 16 2009 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susie

I can't wait to see Kelly Rippa and her hunky husband Mark Consuelos back at AMC even if it's for a few days. They are such a wonderful couple!

November 16 2009 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aiala

All My Children has deteriorated to the point where only an imbecile could possibly believe any of the so-called "storylines". Annie/Adam, David/Amanda/Jake, the entire Hubbard clan, all of them are idiotic and insulting to anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size. Zach and Kendall became a tiresome bore three years ago, Erika is a constant aged embarrassment, Ryan has all the acting ability of a two-by-four, and now they're bringing back Greenlee, whose entire range of acting ability consists of throwing tantrums like a thirty-something spoiled infant.
I am sooo done with AMC. I'd rather watch static.

~A~

November 16 2009 at 12:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Aiala's comment
runner1957

True True!

November 16 2009 at 12:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
runner1957

Zack is not all that and Billy Clyde was classic! Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

November 16 2009 at 12:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AMC Ol\'Timer

Bring back Matthew Cowles as Billy Clyde, the GREATEST AMC villain of all time, and I'll NEVER miss another episode!!

November 15 2009 at 11:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MrsHubbyD

I too, wish Thorsten were staying, but I guess he has his reasons. Sometimes, no matter what the network offers, the star simply wants to do what's best for them and their families, and that may be just not re-signing with the show.

I have always loved Susan Lucci, but I think it may be time for her to do something else too. The "Erica-gets-any-man-that-sees-her" storyline is getting really TIRED, and this latest one with Ryan, is just stupid! Maybe it's about time that she actually got into the role of "Grandma" on AMC, (since she has 4!). It would be refreshing to see her in a different capacity. It's also time for her to stop wearing all those spaghetti strapped, one-shouldered, or ruffled messes that she seems to wear, no matter what the season is.

And WHERE is my favorite Attorney!! Calling Jackson Montgomery!!!!!!

November 15 2009 at 11:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to MrsHubbyD's comment
Carol A.

Hey, why all this jealousy..Erica, my God if you looked like her at your age as hers, you'd be the talk of the town. Erica must be doing something right, she loves her job, so just BE QUIET !!!!!!!!!! Do what you have to, and leave her do her own.......Now there

November 16 2009 at 1:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dennie

I saw the very first episode of AMC. Richard Hatch starred as Phillip Brent. That was back when it was really a good soap to watch.

November 15 2009 at 11:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pamela Latham

How about Richard Hatch (Phil Brent)they never recovered his(Nick Benedicts') body,Karen Lynn Gorney (Tara Martin),Jack Stauffer(Chuck Tyler),Candace Early (Donna Beck),Charles Frank (Jeff Martin #2 Erica's 1st husband): Christopher Wines who originated the role is deceased 5-11-2002. Lawrence Keith (Nick Davis), Francesca James (Kitty Shea & her twin sister Kelly Cole)and finally and most importantly Mike Bersell ( isn't it time Bobby Martin came down from the attic?)

November 15 2009 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lea

I am so sick of Zacl, Kendall & Ryan. Erica is not worth watching anymore. The whole show actually has gotten boring. They need to get rid of David, all the plots are so predictable. Why did they drag the fact that Adam murdered Stuart out for so long, it is silly. I don't know how much longer I can stand to continue watching the story lines as they are now. The boring lines. just go on & on.

November 15 2009 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lea's comment
Rae

Lea,
Maybe the writers are burning out. I agree that they get ahold of a storyline and play it until no one cares what happens. AMC definitely has slowed down in 2009.

November 16 2009 at 12:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply