December 21, 2014

Sneak Peek: this Thursday's FlashForward

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 16th 2009 3:05PM
A lot of people have already given up on ABC's FlashForward. I think I understand why. Maybe it's not moving along the way that some viewers want, maybe it's not as compelling as the pilot was, or maybe people have been spoiled by Lost. I get all that, but I'm sticking with it. I think they've made some terrible choices (the Bob Dylan song used in the parking garage shootout was just goofy, and the card game last week was pointless and boring), but there's enough going to hold my interest.

Here's a sneak peek of Thursday's episode, "Believe."

[Watch clips and episodes of FlashForward and other shows at SlashControl.]

burgher23

what Dylan song was that in the 11/19 episode?

November 19 2009 at 9:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ProDelgado

It may have been a Bob Dylan song, but it was the Rolling Stones cover of it. All of the songs used in the show seem to be cover versions.

November 17 2009 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dirk Mancuso

I was intrigued by the pilot, but my interest has steadily dwindled. The characters don't seem to grow (I get it, i get it -- Mark is a recovering alcoholic!). I get the feeling every character is being moved from point A to point B because the plot requires them to, not because it's organic to who they are.

Overall, very disappointing. Here's hoping they make this a one season experiment.

November 17 2009 at 1:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John From Raleigh

I want the show to be compelling, I am not hook ala Sons of A, Damages or The Shield. However, I am not ready to jump ship just yet. I enjoy dramas on TV and want them to succeed. I wish the networks would come up with an economic model which guarantees a show would get at least 12-15 episodes before they pulled the plug. It keeps my from watching shows which are 50/50.

With all that being said, the clip did not excite me at all.... Is that really the best ABC has to offer for new users.

November 16 2009 at 11:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I'm still watching this, but it's getting harder and harder each week. I don't know how many more weeks of boring subplots like the damn card game or the train tryst or the future baby I can take.

November 16 2009 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
R-Bro

Glad to hear I'm not the only one bored by this show. Some of the dialogue is truly atrocious, and some of the acting isn't much better. Just about to jump ship in favor of V, which is much more compelling.

November 16 2009 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to R-Bro's comment
MK

The story in FF is much more compelling than in V and acting is far superior also. I feel sorry for Elizabeth Mitchell - her character is so poorly written in comparison with what she had to play in Lost, there is nothing there to play.

November 16 2009 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christopher Swenson

Is it as good as Lost? Nope, but I'm still enjoying it. The card game was a cringe moment and I'm hoping that upon viewing it in the final product the producers never do anything that goofy again. Over all it's an interesting story and I'm watching it every week. My guess is that by the end of this season we reach the date and there is a second event this time further out (like the book) and it keeps the story going for a few more seasons, if not I think they've set it up well enough to get this storyline wrapped up in one season.

November 16 2009 at 3:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Ah, that's right. I'll correct it.

November 16 2009 at 3:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patch

It was Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" not a song by the Rolling Stones, and that was the moment that the show hooked me.

November 16 2009 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply