November 28, 2014

Can you count the Kramers? I couldn't

by Danny Gallagher, posted Nov 17th 2009 5:02PM
Hey there gentle TV Squad reader! Have you got nothing but time on your hands right now? Do you need a healthy activity to occupy your time? Have you completely lost the will to go on living? Then put down that suicide cocktail and pick a pen or pencil for this "Kramer Counting" challenge!

Someone at Funnyordie.com has compiled all of Cosmo Kramer's entrances from all 174 episodes of Seinfeld into one viral video. I've tried counting them and got three different totals on three different tries. See if you can count the number of entrances. As an added challenge, the only rule I made for myself is that they must include the actual Kramer played by Michael Richards coming through the door, not the guy playing Kramer on Jerry's show-within-a-show, Jerry. I also counted scenes where someone is opening the door for Kramer but not the final scene were Kramer is running out the door.

I gave up during the fourth try since my eyes completely melted out of their sockets, a sign that I should really stop doing something. The same thing happened when I tried to do a review of Michael Strahan's Brothers.

[via Mental Floss]

jay

The Seinfeld DVD's actually contain a running count of Kramer's entrances - so you could find the true count by watching the final episode on DVD.

November 18 2009 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

How the hell did he slide on the floor like that while opening the door at the same time?

November 18 2009 at 9:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stacie23

273 here.

November 18 2009 at 12:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
abbenormal

277, I think.

November 17 2009 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tingrin87

i got to 20 and got bored.

November 17 2009 at 10:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jere

274

November 17 2009 at 10:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

274 here. Only counted once, tho.

November 17 2009 at 8:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

I counted 278.

November 17 2009 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Melissa's comment
Danny Gallagher

Weird, that's what I got as well. I also got 280 and 273 on my first and second counts consecutively.

November 17 2009 at 10:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply